Shay

Wyomingite

Mar 16, 2002
Wyoming USA
Visit site
Hi Pupparo,

If there was I'm sure they could sell a zillion of them. Sorry to say none that I ever heard of. Some of the modelers have kit bashed some on there own, Tyson would be one of them and did a beautiful job. Ron

txcavgr

Jan 20, 2003
auburn, ME - SLR mile 29.34
Visit site
Very exciting news, a shay. I am planning a separate, small layout with a VO-1000 and the shay, as a little woods branch line. Planning on MT log cars, atlas 55 ton fishbelly hoppers, and a wooden B&M caboose kit I am coming out with soon.

Another pic of it can be found here, my friend chuck went to hobby visions (chuck is the proprietor of the Feather River Train Shop): http://www.featherrivertrains.com/N-NewStuff.htm

A huge issue for many is a front coupler - for those who don't frequent the big board, Paul Graf from Atlas said yesterday the shay WILL HAVE a working coupler at both ends. And it should be out spring of 2004.

I bet this one smokes sales records! :)

txcavgr

Jan 20, 2003
auburn, ME - SLR mile 29.34
Visit site
Rick I would bet we see this with a street price between $125 and $150, we will know in probably 1-2 months. Hoping they have test shots at the springfield show in february.

If they can hit a price in the above range, these things are going to evaporate! It may be high compared to normal Atlas pricing, but you are getting a very unique loco that has some intense engineering in it. Worth $150 street to me, if it runs smoothly and has even semi-operational gear.