Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by pupparo, Sep 24, 2003.

1. pupparo

pupparo Member

Any one know if they make a shay or goose in N gauge?:confused:
  2. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Pupparo,

If there was I'm sure they could sell a zillion of them. Sorry to say none that I ever heard of. Some of the modelers have kit bashed some on there own, Tyson would be one of them and did a beautiful job. Ron
  3. billk

billk Active Member

4. camelot

camelot Member

Found this on ebay , it quite expensive though , worth a look just to drool :D

also it appears that the gearing actually works as well !

N scale shay on ebay

5. hswn

hswn Member

6. garyn

garyn Member

Now all you have to do is wait for the Atlas Shay.
    Only problem is they have not announced estimated price nor delivery date.

7. Wyomingite

Wyomingite Member

Hi Guys & Gals,

There are pictures of the on coming two truck Atlas Shay on the N Scale Supply web site. Ron
  8. camelot

camelot Member

Thanks Ron for the news , any chance of posting the URL for the website ?

9. Sir_Tainly

Sir_Tainly Member

10. pupparo

pupparo Member

:p I love it can't wait to see one.
  11. txcavgr

txcavgr Member

Very exciting news, a shay. I am planning a separate, small layout with a VO-1000 and the shay, as a little woods branch line. Planning on MT log cars, atlas 55 ton fishbelly hoppers, and a wooden B&M caboose kit I am coming out with soon.

Another pic of it can be found here, my friend chuck went to hobby visions (chuck is the proprietor of the Feather River Train Shop):

A huge issue for many is a front coupler - for those who don't frequent the big board, Paul Graf from Atlas said yesterday the shay WILL HAVE a working coupler at both ends. And it should be out spring of 2004.

I bet this one smokes sales records! :)
  12. rsn48

rsn48 Member

I bet this one sets a new high for an Atlas price point.
  13. txcavgr

txcavgr Member

Rick I would bet we see this with a street price between $125 and $150, we will know in probably 1-2 months. Hoping they have test shots at the springfield show in february.

If they can hit a price in the above range, these things are going to evaporate! It may be high compared to normal Atlas pricing, but you are getting a very unique loco that has some intense engineering in it. Worth $150 street to me, if it runs smoothly and has even semi-operational gear.
  14. wendell

wendell Member

Hey Toxie it wold be nice if it was DCC ready if it does,t come with a decoder in it Wendell
  15. txcavgr

txcavgr Member

Yes, DCC would be nice from the factory. No word yet from Paul & co. about that. I suspect it will either come with factory DCC or be a plug in type situation.

exciting times in N scale!