Shay inbound. NW forests no longer safe!

Brewer

Hopefully it will arrive next week from Trainworld. I plan to put it to use on a VERY small logging layout based on Geren Mortensen's so called "little layout" (an extended version of the old gumstump & snowshoe plan) I hope to build sometime soon. I have been researching the OP&E in Western Oregon as I live nearby, but that would be more of an inspiration than a map I guess.

I doubt anything I build would be very prototypical to that line due to the scarcity of weird shortline stuff in N. Frankly, I'm shocked and delighted that Atlas did a Shay!

Anyone model that shortline or something similar?

Here's the plan drawn in On30 scale by Mr Mortensen. I'll have to reduce it to N, but I may add a smidge here and there so I can actually run a small train on it!

littlelayout.jpg

brakie

I think that will be a nice looking layout when its built and a mighty fine home for that Atlas Shay. :thumb:

Sadly there seems to be very few short line locomotives in N scale. :(

Brewer

The 'men in brown' made the delivery on time today.

Received the CWP '1 spot' Atlas Class-B Shay from Trainworld (they are great to deal with, but not too chatty on the phone!). It arrived packed to survived a drop. After an extensive search through the packing material, I found the Atlas box in perfect shape.

I have to say this little jewel has a certain WOW factor when you open the lid. The detail is quite extraordinary. Time to put it on the test track for a couple of to and fros! The gears moving on something so tiny is a sight to see. God forbid the drive train should ever come apart, the parts are just TINY! It ran smoothly and low speed performance was good.

Atlas deserves a pat on the back for creating this new shay. I think you will be pleased with this one.

shaytest.jpg

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
They are real beauts with amzing detail. I had mine running on the Muskoka Model Railway club in Barrie Ont. this past weekend. It performed very well pulling about 8 cars. Got some oohs and ahhs from club members and others. Got mine from Fifer Hobbies

Thats one beautiful engine and the dime really shows how tiny it really is. I have not read one bad report on these shays anywhere. I sure hope my two sugar pines arrive soon.

Ron :thumb: :thumb: :wave: