Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TomPM, Dec 31, 2002.

1. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

NYCentral asked me to post this for him since he is currently unable to do so:

I would like to take this time and also wish Shamus a speedy recovery.
  2. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

I add my wish for a speedy and complete recovery for a truely fine person and great craftsman. Get well soon, Paul.
  3. acshrpe

acshrpe Member

My prayers are with Shamus and his family. Thanks for letting us know. I hope he is better. We need his friendship and widsom.
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Shit! I was worried when he didn't come on yesterday.

Well, when you read this dear Shamus, you know me'en all the plastic folks here in Cobblers Knob are pullin for ya! You have the incredable healing power of the prayers of 100's of gaugers behind you, mate, I'm certain. Probably ifthe Pope himself asks for healing God would tell 'im, "I know, I know, enough already, I'll make him as good as new."

We have a lot of work ahead of us, so rest up, recoup, follow docs orders, and come back ready to fight!

Jeg elsker dig. Godt Nytår!
  5. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Oh, yes, please pass back through thte channels that we thank his son for letting us know, we would have been worried sick. God Bless the whole family.
  6. Vic

Vic Active Member

Oh Gracious! sorry to hear this.

Paul just rest and take it easy.....we are all thinking about you and remembering you in our prayers.
  7. billk

billk Active Member

Paul -
    We're thinking of you, my friend. Hope you're feeling better real soon.
    - Bill K
  8. Paul, my friend, rest, get well, and join us again when you can. You are in my prayers.
  9. jimnrose

jimnrose Member

We all have a great reverence for Shamus and wish him a speedy recovery. My proayers are with him and his family. Jim
  10. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Paul, you have taught us much!! We are anticipating your return when you're able. It's good to know that your family is looking out for you. Best wishes for a short recovery!!
  11. Dave Flinn

Dave Flinn Member

Paul, we're all pulling for you. Having just gone through an operation, I know the power of having friends thinking of and praying for you.
  12. TR-Flyer

TR-Flyer Member

Ditto all of the above. Especially the "follow doctors orders" part. Will keep you in my thoughts each day until you're actively "back on board".

13. Ben H

Ben H Member

Shamus you have such an impact on this hobby, your great web site, informative magazine articles and you unending will to help.

On Sunday, the day of your attack, I was meeting face to face with Spitfire for the first time at my clubs modular layout in Victoria, BC, Canada (thousands of miles away from your home)and who were we talking about - you Shamus you and your support for people striving to get better in this wide-ranging hobby.

Now we can support you Shamus with our prayers and special thoughts. Look forward to your return.
  14. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Paul--Best wishes for a quick recovery---What a way to start the New Year...We'll will be thinking of you and praying for the best for you and your family. Glad to hear you're at home and not in one of those awful hospital beds ringing in the New with green gelatin:) !!!

Get well soon..
    Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  15. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Paul. I am also on the list praying for a fast recovery. We need you on here.
  16. NYCentral

NYCentral Member

Paul my Friend, you know that my prayers are with you! Rest and Recover.

Tom thanks for posting this for me. The IT people at work have decided that The Gauge is not a "legit" work related site so they have blocked me from coming on while at work.:mad:
  17. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

While we have never met, personally, I still consider you a friend. I will keep you in my prayers. Your "family" is large indeed, and holds you in high esteem.

I am hoping that, while your father isn't here on the gauge, that you can pass on our thoughts and wishes to him, until he is well enough, and strong enough to be here.
  18. roryglasgow

roryglasgow Active Member

God bless you, Paul! You'll be in our prayers!
  19. aartwmich

aartwmich Member

We're all pullin for ya Shamus...hang in there and please do what's best for your health.
  20. farmer ron

farmer ron Member

I also would like to add our familys best wishes and and prayers for a speedy recovery to Paul, along with the very best and prosporous new year to Paul and his family. Ron..