Shamus in Railroad Model Craftsman

Congrats, Shamus on an excellent tree-making article in the May RMC.

Also, for all you On30 nuts, there is a good article on kit-bashing the Bachmann Shay.

Another great issue from RMC --- if you don't read it regularly, you should. I consistantly find more of interest in it than in that "other" major mrr mag.

BillS

Will_annand

Shamus is in the news again?

Way to go Paul, most written guy I know. I will be on the look out for RMC this month.

Keep up the good work.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Congratulations once again Paul. I've never seen a copy of this mag, so I am assuming that it is distributed in the US and that one of our LHS will have it. So I will make a special trip to one that I think should have it on their bookrack.:thumb: :thumb:

fifer

Paul , Thanks for all the great info in the Railroad Model Craftsman.
BTW the pics with the new camera are great!!

Congratulations , Mike

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

spitfire

Congratulations Paul!!!! I haven't seen the May issue yet but will pick it up as soon as it hits the stands.

:thumb: Val

shamus

Registered Member
Thanks again, just had an email from Bill saying my copies are in the post. Look forward to seeing it myself.
Shamus

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Hi, Paul,
My copy was in the mail last night, and got a chance to read the article. Well done! I'll have to look into getting some of the materials, and trying the process.
Pete

Hi Paul,

I picked up my copy this afternoon. Its a wonderful article and
a big thanks from me as I need a bunch of those. Ron
:thumb: :thumb:

shamus

Registered Member
Glad you liked it Ron, You may also be interested in 0 Scale Trains magazine which should be on sale soon with an article of mine on building log trestle bridges.

Shamus

belg

Shamus I had another question. The core of the tree, which you say to shape with the file is not fully shown in any of the photos but I 'm assuming that it does taper to a point at the end, correct?
Thanks Pat

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Belg,
Most are nearly to a point, but a lot of the very tall ones I left semi flat as though they had been topped off.LOL nearly put a man at the top with a saw, but he would have been off the sky backscene height which is 5' off the floor.

Shamus