Shameless pitch

ezdays

Out AZ way
All right slackers, listen up!!!!! (got that from some army movie)...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Just because you've got two months to enter the "double-double", or as I like to think of it as "double your fun without chewing gum", photo contest, doesn't mean you can wait until the last minute to enter.

For those of you that forgot, you have an oportunity to enter two different pictures (please, use two separate posts) of anything that is railroad related. Real, imaginary, scale or protoype, doesn't matter, just as long as you took the picture. So, go dust off those old photos, go check you files, photo edit all you want, just start posting them in the contest forum.

Now get going, ya hear now???? (got that from the same movie as well):wave::wave:

Hey, it worked in the movie, why not give it a try here...:D:D:D:D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Well folks, this is it, you've got less than one week to enter this photo contest. In case the above post didn't get your attention, here are the rules:

1. Photos entered must be train related and of anything, anywhere, serious, humorus, scale or protoype.
  2. Up to two (2) entries per member.
  3. Each entry must be in separate posts (I can't tabulate them if they are in the same post)
  4. Photos must have been taken by the person entering them.
  5. Please upload your pictures to the Gauge, no links please. If you are having trouble uploading, contact me for help.
  6. Contest closes the last day of August
Just remember, there are a few that have only entered on pic, you can still enter a second one if you wish. :wave::wave:

I will try to make the voting easier for you this time, but no promises since in order for me to re-post the pics in the voting thread, I will have to download each one, save it on my HD and then upload them again. I will give it a try, but remember, no promises.:D:D

seanm

Ok I am lame...I want to enter the contest this time.... but I can't find the "contest forum" or where to "upload" the pictures. I know how to post pictures in a message, but ..... help mr wizard!!

Thanks!

ezdays

Out AZ way
seanm said:
Ok I am lame...I want to enter the contest this time.... but I can't find the "contest forum" or where to "upload" the pictures. I know how to post pictures in a message, but ..... help mr wizard!!

Thanks!
Ok, the photo contest are a sub-forum in the photo forum.Click here for the current contest.

If you can post upload pictures in a regular post, you can do likewise in the photo contest since the thread is no different. Just remember, in this contest you can post up to two pictures since we are running it for two months. If you post two, do so in two separate posts, just to make my job easier.;)

ezdays

Out AZ way
Last chance for this contest. Time to belly up to the bar. I will be locking the contest thread and post the voting thread in a few hours. If your intent is to enter, times-a-wastin' :wave::wave:

We have a great turnout this time and the choices are going to be tough, so, I have a special suprise to help make your choice a bit easier. If it turns out to work better, we will do it this way again. What is it? you ask. Check out the voting thread tomorrow and see. :D:D:D:D

ezdays

Out AZ way
OK, for those of you that haven't voted, we are down to the short strokes. The polls close in less than one hour...:wave::wave::wave::wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Well, here we are into the middle of September and we have two photo contests going this month, but not too many entries so far:cry:. The catagories are: Structures (prototype) and Structures (scale). We have lots of room for new entries, so if you have never thought about entering one of our contests, do so, it's fun.:D Yep, it's enlightening and an opportunity to show off your photo skills, Ya don't think you have any photo skills? Hey, no one here is a professional photographer, so just join in and share your photos with us.:thumb::thumb:

You have but a mear two weeks to get them entered, so get going before you miss out.

Prizes are as usual, bragging rights and you get your picture put in the "Winner's circle" in the gallery.:wave::wave:

ezdays

Out AZ way
Time to bump this reminder to the top. We're getting down to the short strokes folks..:eek::eek: Just two more days and both the contests are closed. Yeah, yeah, easy for me to say when I still have to post one for the model structure, but how about you out there that hasn't entered in either contest? :confused: Eh, what's with that????:rolleyes::rolleyes: I'll post my second picture tomorrow just as soon as I shoot it, I'm hoping to see an unrush of new shots being posted as well...:wave::wave::wave::wave:

There's lots of good entries so far, let's add to that.:thumb::thumb: It's fun, it's free so why not....:D:D

ezdays

Out AZ way
Well, well, here we are a month later and I'm out there pitching again. Just two more days to Halloween, and guess what, we close the photo contest thread that very night. Really spooky, eh????:eek::eek:

As usual, we have a lot of great entries, but there's still room for more, so you people that haven't entered your pictures yet, you've got a bit of time, so let's get with it before the thread starts gathering cobwebs..:wave::wave:

Attachments

• Halloween small.jpg
    Halloween small.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 10

ausien

sujestion..... how about posting a link to the winning pix in the anouncement...so we can see the winning pic at a glance......besides we might learn somtink, me tinks HEHEHE.
just a thought...have a good one..steve

ezdays

Out AZ way
ausien said:
sujestion..... how about posting a link to the winning pix in the anouncement...so we can see the winning pic at a glance......besides we might learn somtink, me tinks HEHEHE.
just a thought...have a good one..steve
That would be way too easy Steve.:D I normally post the winners in the winner's circle in the Gallery. I see where I missed last month, but I'll take care of that later today.:eek:ops: So, that means you have to work a bit to see the wining pics, but they're there.:wave::wave: