Sf Paper craft model AT-AT Instructions? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by zac, Aug 1, 2006.

1. zac

zac New Member

Hey, ive recently found all the pdf's for the AT-AT model, the site is japanese, and does not come with any instructions what so ever, all i can find is a small picture, that is quite helpful, but doesnt explain all of the joints and folds! Could anyone help me/link me to some english instructions so i can build this model? I must of restarted coutnless times due to errors!
    Im talking about this one
  2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Can this help you?

If the image is poor, PM me your e-mail and I can send you the original (I had to resize this one, because of forum size constrains).

I have another ATAT, in russian, but it has more diagrams on how to build. This model is high detailed. If you want it, PM me.

Attached Files:

3. zac

zac New Member

Hmm...by a russian at-at, do you mean one with borders around the edge of the pages and a little kid at the end holding the AT-AT?

I have also run out out card for my printer, so im stuck with the Japanese SF AT-AT. Ive found instructions for a few other of his models, but not the AT-AT.
  4. zac

zac New Member

Ooops, didnt see that image you posted, i have got that sheet, but i am still wondering how all the pieces join together and the C-13 part confuses me along with how to attach the leg to C-5 and C-12.
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Yes, that one, the kid at the end.
    If you need the diagram I posted, but in large scale, tell me, and I'll send it to you.
  6. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

7. zac

zac New Member

No thank you, i have got that image in full scale, but im finding it hard to build the entire thing from a 2d image, im a little stuck and need to know how to attatch certain pieces and things like that, i need some text input for a while...:p
    And yeah, i have been studing pictures all over the net, but the legs is the part im stuck on, and when the legs are assembled some parts are covered up, so i dont know whats going on under some other pieces to make the at-at stand upright.
  8. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Unfortunately none of Shuniko's models have a written instruction to them.

maybe you can do a search on the various AT-AT builds here on the site, and ask one of the members who has finished the model

9. zac

zac New Member

thats a good idea, thank you.
  10. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Well, The best of lucks, Zac.
    And please, don't forget to post pictures of your finished ATAT... and why not, maybe also some pictures in progress. Some of us mayb learn something from you.
  11. zac

zac New Member

Dont worry, im making a guide for it! I will post instructions and detailed pictures of the whole thing. Its a shame that the AT-AT went down the drain, ill also be making an AT-ST and some other ships along with a Link and Zelda from The LOZ series.
  12. paperpanzer

paperpanzer Member

If I remember correctly C-5/C12 fits over the leg C-4 but I do have a photo on my site

Part C-13 is folded in half and joins the foot to the leg, not always seen on any of the photos
  13. JJD

JJD New Member

Apologies for ressurecting a very old thread but I guess it's better than creating a new one for merely showing off.....

I built this years ago, I think I'd blown it up to A3 to build. Very pleased with it, complete with the whole moving legs and feet option....

Sadly the Rebels (aka - my kids) got to it (I'm told accidentally) and it was crushed more than anything ever achieved in the Star Wars galaxy.

So to yesterday.......

We need to order some new rolls of heavy duty paper for our 42-inch plotter at work and the boss virtually gave us open permission to see out the dregs of all the old rolls so that we'll have some storage space.

Note that.....42 inches...

That's easy enough, set the width, print the PDF to fit to the paper... 502%........ mmmmmm ..... not bad.........

I've got four of the five pages so far..... this thing is going to be HUGE!!!

For a change I'll have room to squeeze detail in with my fat fingers!

The feet alone are like bread-and-butter plates! I can't wait to build this one!!! I'll try to keep things updated here with pictures of the build.

Cheers all
  14. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

A model like what you're planning deserves it's own thread! Sounds very promising and I for one cant wait to see your progress pics! Good luck!