Seversky BT-8 1/72 Scale

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Gomidefilho, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Hello for all!

I am presenting my first airplane model done in paper, Seversky BT-8, the model in the scale 1/72 is very well done and easy of being building, I caught it gratuitously here: . I like military aircrafts of the decade of 30 a lot and I consider this small training airplane of the USAAC very representative of the period.

They still lack details no presents in the model that I should increase as antennas, exhaust but I liked the final result a lot.

2. Dragos

Dragos Active Member

Not bad at all. It's a small airplane ,did you used regular paper or card?
  3. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Thank you!

I used card in the internal walls of the model and in the wheels, the skin was made with filecoat 90g...
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

I like it. Nice build, really clean.
  5. OldMan

OldMan Member

Very nice job, Gomidefilho, for this scale!:)
  6. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Thank's people!

I have other projects in process that as soon as be concluded will post. Thank you very much!!!
  7. JLKasper

JLKasper New Member

Very Good Work!!

I've tried to build that one and got discouraged by some fit issues with the fuselage. Your excellent work will inspire me to try it again, since I'm a sucker for 1930's aviation. Have you tried any of the other 1/72 models in that series?
  8. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Hello! Thank you very much that good that it liked!!!

The scale is not a lot of comun in the papermodel but some exist models drawn for 1/72 designers as Kampfflieger, HMV, JSC has models in the scale, the one that do is to reduce the scale of models in the 1/48 and 50 or 1/33 for 1/72. Fiddlers Green has many models of aircrafts of that time that with little effort if they transform in wonderful replicas.:twisted:

The designer Prudenziatti has an excellent collection of aircrafts in the scale 1/72, among them Gladiators, Falco, Gauntlet in a lot of versions.
    Another possibility is to use UMC2 v1.3 to extract models from Flight Simulator, now work in two models in the 1/72 Douglas B-7/O-35 and Consolidated P-30/PB-2 that were extracted of CFS 2 and when they are ready you offer opportunely for download.:-D