Setting up MY scenery (amusement park theme)

HOcircusman1983

hello there guys, i was wondering if there was a book out there to help me Step-by-step on how to make my own custom scenery.

I want it to look like an amusement park. How do i go about doing that. Im new to all this and have no idea where to begin. I got a few rides so far. Big dipper rollercoaster, Farris wheel, and sky tower. Then a Few HIC carnival rides

any suggestions on how to set it up?

Pooh Bah
Any basic scenery book should help you. Just ignore the chapters on building the appalachians...
I'll assume that an amusement park will be mostly pretty flat, so after you mark out the different areas, find a way to trowel on some plaster, not too smooth, and texture it up for what you want -- walkways, dirt areas, grass.

hooknlad

Tom - i tried to access the link you gave us - the link is claiming that it is FORBIDDEN and I do not have permission to access it from my server . :( I bet it was a cool link. I also am interested in amusement part features as well - some day soon.... Hope all is well with everyone at the gauge!!!

nkp174

HOcircusman1983 said:
getting ready to start woking one my scenery.

DO you all recomend the woodland products?

I love Woodland Scenic products.

If you're building circus stuff, check out Walther's HO scale catalog. Also, you might want to start following the scratching and bashing forum...it might give you some ideas on using Plastitruct abs plastic shapes for building circus signs & such.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
I think a park might be relatively easy to create since it will have a fairly well manicured look of small grass areas, walkways, borders, etc. We tend to spend a lot of effort in scenary to make things look less organized and "natural". This will be an interesting project!
Ralph

NYNH&H

Woodland Scenics stuff is awesome and very overpriced. At the same time. Check out that working roller coaster in the Walthers catalog. That thing is so cool!

HOcircusman1983

NYNH&H said:
Woodland Scenics stuff is awesome and very overpriced. At the same time. Check out that working roller coaster in the Walthers catalog. That thing is so cool!

i already got it. I am building it as we speak. Also just picked up the Power Tower and the Water log ride...

I sure got alot of work ahead of me. Its ok tho 3 weeks i got a paid week off.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
lol, i saw that one under track coaster in O scale (fusia/yellow) at a train show. I was almost going to buy it because i have the roller coaster tycoon game and that would be more awesome in model form. It moved a bit fast for me though. That wooden one walthers sells is where its at!

i wonder if you could kitbash that into a monster? I saw one scratch built roller coaster at one of those Ripleyis believe it or not places in Ocean City, MD. It was amazing. that thing would make you cry. It was all wooden and super detailed down to the last HO scale bolt. and it ran beautifully. it had to be 10-12 feet long, and 2-3 feet high. i think it only went back 4 feet. amazing though. If only i could find pictures of that.

Peter Vengryn

HOcircusman1983
You mention you have a Ferris Wheel. I just finished building mine, but am having trouble getting it to turn. I'm using a rubber band but it keeps sliping. Also can only get a few lights to work. Any suggestions?
Thanks

pete

CNWman

CNW Fan
Hmmmmmmm.......

Peter Vengryn said:
HOcircusman1983
You mention you have a Ferris Wheel. I just finished building mine, but am having trouble getting it to turn. I'm using a rubber band but it keeps sliping. Also can only get a few lights to work. Any suggestions?
Thanks

pete

Did you mail order it? If you did, then ask COMBAT about it. He had a mail order problem and delt with corup-I mean, unreasonable, salesmen;)

HOcircusman1983

Peter Vengryn said:
HOcircusman1983
Thanks

pete

whats slipping?

hmmm i havent moterized mine yet, so im not sure what the problem is. If you figure it out keep me posted. I my have same problem but lets hope notsign1

HOcircusman1983

Peter Vengryn said:
HOcircusman1983
Thanks

pete

whats slipping?

hmmm i havent moterized mine yet, so im not sure what the problem is. If you figure it out keep me posted. I my have same problem but lets hope notsign1