servo's start to move

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by RickShaw, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickShaw

RickShaw New Member

I recently got a used R/C plane, and the the servo's start to move (all four of them) when the transmitter is turned on.
    They all move at the same time on their own without anyone touching the transmitter. Now its not the transmitter, because I use the same one and frequency for another plane.

Anyone have any ideas as to why they may be doing this? Bad receiver? or bad servo's? or something else?
    Thanks for any help!
  2. jlmoreno911

jlmoreno911 Member

I'd say its a bad reciever or cristals...
  3. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

A few ideas come to mind. Since you said that the plane was used the battery pack for the reciever would be my first concern. Are you using the same battery pack in both planes? One of the biggest causes of crashes is due to a bad battery pack. Are all the connectors from the servos in good condition or does one of them have the plastic breaking apart? If one is making a faulty connection, then that could make the rest of the servos jitter from electrical interference. Simple test, remove the receiver and plug in the servos on the other plane. Turn the transmitter on first(always) and then the receiver. See what happens. If the servos jitter, then its the reciever or maybe a broken antenna lead. If the servos remain stable then it may have been the way the receiver was installed or the way the antenna was positioned in the other plane. Hope this helps.:D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.