Servos not responding right.

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by bandit1, Sep 27, 2005.

1. bandit1

bandit1 Member

hey yall. im custom converting my B4 from an esc to an msc. everythings going good so far, but i went to check all of my servos with the radio and i got a little twitch out of the steering servo and jittery movement out of the throttle servo. all fresh batts. are in so its not them and the servos are not very old at all. any ideas??? thanks guys.[^]
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

sounds as if soemthing from the mechanical speed control is touching something on the chassis. Why are you changeing ot a mechanical speed control?
  3. Camaro454

Camaro454 Member

It might be the Reciver i had the same proplem.. i changed my reciver and it worked fine..
  4. bandit1

bandit1 Member

k, ill try another reciver, i think i have another one.

dj-im switching to msc b/c im running a 13 turn motor with a 7 cell battery...to get an esc that can handle that would be way too much money than i have to spend. so instead of selling my electric truck, i figured id try to get it running on the msc that i already have.

ya i know all of yall r think its down-grading, (which it is, i think) BUT its a lot better than it sitting on the shelf all year.
  5. bandit1

bandit1 Member

nope guys, im 99.9% sure it aint the reciver. i just tried the reciver from my gas truck and it didnt respond to anything....i tried 2 sets of crystals, out of the box new batts again, and still nuthin'. any other ideas?? thanks again yall
  6. redheat

redheat Member

No the following step would be to make sure that the Tx batteries are in proper working order or fully charged,A weak signal from the Tx well cause glitching , something EMH failed to address, RED RED
  7. red hearter you basicaly repeated my advice but said No to start it out.
  8. redheat

redheat Member

Yo the King, LOL -RED
  9. are you drunk?
  10. redheat

redheat Member

King you cant fool anyone your to stupid, OUT, RED
  11. do you mean you`er?
  12. well if King is trying to fool you i dont think that would be difficult provided the fact that you are 50 and still didnt graduate High School yet.

i am thrilled to know how he fooled you.
  13. redheat

redheat Member

You are a fool , RED
  14. digdug72

digdug72 Member

now we have teachers in her correcting the supposed correct pronounceations, what a joke
  15. digdug72

digdug72 Member

oops I spelled that word wrong, uh oh
  16. bandit1

bandit1 Member

umm well good news for me. it was a bad set of crystals. i ahd 75.095's in and i switched em' out for my 75.410's and they kicked right in. so now all hats left to do is find a way to mount the msc itself, and the battery. im gonna set the battery off the left side of the car so its set up kinda like an oval car for my track.
  17. digdug72

digdug72 Member

hey bandit, could ya keep us posted with some pics? I would like to see your conversion!!
  18. bandit1

bandit1 Member

im gonna try. i gotta find someone with a digital camera. but i wanna post some of my gas truck n the one im working on now. n maybe some of my little track too. im not really sure how to post pics on this site, so it may be a link that u can go to, to check them out. but ill post wen i get the pics.
  19. bandit1

bandit1 Member

same problem again but i noticed a difference this time. wen i have the antenna from the radio close to the antenna from the reciever, the servo's act fine with the radio. but the further i pull the 2 antennas away, the less the servos work right, and they start twitching again.

im not familiar with the rx and tx u've talk about. i think ive heard of them a long time ago but i ferget what they were...still think thats the problem???thanks.