Servos dancing around when connected to Rx.

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by yuvallahav, Nov 24, 2007.

1. yuvallahav

yuvallahav New Member

Hello all, it's me again!
    Anyways, after the whole issue with my Rx and Tx have been resolved, I seem to have another problem now... It would seem that when I connect my servos to my Rx, 2 out of 3 start to dance wildly from side to side, and if one or two stops, it's enough for me to just lightly touch the joystick on the Tx to make them start their crazy dance again.
    I have check the Rx and Tx with my old airplane, and it works perfectly.
    Check list:
    Tryed with just one servo connected - Yes.
    Tryed with 2 servos connected - Yes.
    Tryed with 3 servos connected - Yes.
    Tryed changing servo/channel combination - Yes.
    Tryed flipping channels - Yes.
    Switched "on" the "mix" button which I don't know what it does - Yes.

Could it be power consumption problem, not enough oomff from my batery (4.8 v cell)?

Would love to hear what you guys can tell me.

Yuval Lahav.

Click here to see the make of my servos.
  2. shelbys_dad

shelbys_dad Member

Sounds to me like an interference problem. Is the antenna wire pinched? Is there any bare wire showing through the insulation?
  3. yuvallahav

yuvallahav New Member

Nope and nope...
    I was thinking... if at anypoint I may have connected the servo to the receiver upside down (+/-) wise, could that do damage to the servos?

Yuval Lahav.
  4. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Looks like you may have a real bad battery. It's not taking any charge....
  5. yuvallahav

yuvallahav New Member

So this type of acts commited by my servos could be something as simple as a battery which is not charged enaugh?
  6. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Yep....I flew R/C for nearly 20 years and have seen just about everything....Servos can behave like that from other causes (interference and such), but from what you describe I'll go with a dead battery.
  7. yuvallahav

yuvallahav New Member

I will charge my battery (and already ordered a new one, since the one I'm using is more then 3 years old) and try to run everything again.
    I had no idea a low battery can cause this type of problem, will let you know tomorow if that was the case.

Thanks again!

Yuval lahav.
  8. yuvallahav

yuvallahav New Member

Ok! so it would seem recharging my battery does help fix the problems I've been heaving...
    Some times it's simplest things that gets you down...

Thanks again for the help!

Yuval Lahav.
  9. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Hi...Glad to be of help. You should replace that battery, as the constant charging/discharging can lead to degraded battery function (not holding a full charge), which can make your aircraft land itself in a most unexpected manner..!!!
    Good luck..!!