servo problom

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by dirtovaldominator, Dec 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtovaldominator

dirtovaldominator New Member

I have recently bought a associated factory team rc10gt. for the servos i have a JR Z590M for steering and a JR Z270 for throttle. the problom is none of the servo horns that i got in the kit fit on these servos. What should i do to fix this problom?
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

you have to cut off the part of the servo arms that you dont need inwich get in the way of fitting.
  3. dirtovaldominator

you mean the horns i got with the servos.
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

yea just clip off the part off the servo horn/arm that you dont need and wich gets in the way.
    it looks like a cross right?has four arms?you probably only need one arm so clipp off three of them and the one will hook up to the sterring linkage.
  5. Steve M

Steve M Member

What brand of servo horn are you trying to fit onto your JR servos? Servo horns from the various makes of servos are not compatible with each other. Each brand is pretty much unique to itself, with a few small exceptions. If the previous owner of your truck used any servo other than JR then the horns he left in the truck won't fit and you'll have to replace the horns with ones from JR.
  6. dirtovaldominator

the horn that i was trying to use was the ones that came in the kit. they were supposed to fit jr servos. yes it does look like a cross.
  7. Steve M

Steve M Member

Just use the horns that came with your JR servos.
  8. Is the horns too big? or too small
  9. dirtovaldominator

they are too small
  10. timrock

timrock Active Member

well if they are too small then buy the right ones.what make sevos are they?i can find what horns to get.NP
  11. dirtovaldominator

thanks guys i got it taken care of.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.