servo problems

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by monsterrcbuilder04, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i cant get my servo to center. any suggestions?
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

for what? Steering.
  3. You might have to set your servo at center (even if the servo horn is not centered) and than take the servo horn off and put it back on with it centered. This is what I do when my servos are out of whack and it seems to work fine.
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

its the steering. it doesnt turn one way when i play with the steering trim but goes as far as possible the opposite way. servo horn?
  5. mastmec

mastmec Member

Do you have your trim turn all the way over to one side for you to drive straight?
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

A Game PLUS!

its set to zero if thats what you mean
  7. mastmec

mastmec Member

So if you turn your steering trim to the right, your wheels turn to the right, but turning the trim to the left, the wheels don't turn to the left?
    Driving the car, does it go straight when you let go of the steering? Or does it drift to the left or right?
    Say you have a car that drifts to the right, and you try to adjust it with the steering trim by turning it to the left but can't turn it enough, set the trim back to the middle. Take the screw out of the servo that holds the horn on, pull the horn off and turn it one spline over, in the dirrection to turn the wheels to the left, and put it back on and put the screw back in. Test drive it to see if you turned it the right way.
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

Aliens Exo Suit - More!

ok ya that sounds like it should work.i'll try it and get back to you
  9. mastmec

mastmec Member

Did you get your servo straighened out?
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

i tried but i have to go a little more over. i had it centered while the car was off and it looked like one side was straight but the other wasn't
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

try new servo gears
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

well its just a cheap servo so ill jus buy a new one
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.