September Photo Contest "Magic"

Discussion in 'Competitions & Challenges' started by shamus, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shamus

shamus Registered Member

~September 2003 Photo Contest Archive~

All the commnets are removed for the archive. These were the rules:

The MAGIC Photo contest is all about using your imagination and ingenuity to make a photo up using the computer, and to bring it to life.
    You can just have a model of something with a prototype background, or really go to town and create something special. That is entirely up to you.

What ever you decide, it must have some form of computer enhancement and must contain some part of a model railroad in it.
  2. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

New Meets Old

Central New England SD-70M, in New Haven retro paint, pokes its nose in this shot, as it hits the main line in front of the old Torrington train station on its way north to Winsted.
  3. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Old PK#1 is beginning to show her age as she belches out plenty of black smoke, even on the level tracks.
  4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Looking through a rain covered window.
    Effect created with Corel Painter 8
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Here's my offering, HO track and loco with a prototype background. Guess my Red Fox got a little jealous, he just had to pop his head in the photo.

6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Here's a composit that I made using PagePlus a DTP program, and resized it using PhotoPlus.

7. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

There is more dew in Kentucky than the kind ya drink!
    Early morning on the rip track:)
  8. Xaniel

Xaniel Member

I thought about giving my contribution to this contest.. Not much.. but...
  9. This isn't nearly as creative as some of the earlier entries, but here's mine.
  10. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

A Cindys Harbor way freight rolls westbound in the fog.
  11. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Wow, Pete!
    I love that fog!

Ok here's my attempt at some computer tomfoolery...
    I know it aint much, but this about the limit of my abilities!:rolleyes: :eek: :D
    I "aged" the picture, & added some "smoke"...trying to get the look of an old photo of a mixed train crossing a snowy mountain pass...
  12. jimmybeersa

jimmybeersa Member

Making railroad Magic

Wonder how he did this ?:D :D :D
  13. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Gee, after saying I would remove all the comments, I just have to say the pictures are all so exceptional this month; they are truely all winners!

:) :) :) :D :D ;) ;) :p :p :cool: :cool: :rolleyes: :cool: :cool: :p :p ;) ;) :D :D :) :) :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.