Sept. competiton #2, model structures

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
For September, we're going to double your pleasure with two competitions. #1 will be any prototype structure, just any. A bridge, a tunnel, a building, a water tower or anything that qualifies as a structure. #2 competition will be the same thing, except it must be any model structure taken from a layout. There will be two voting threads, and two winners.

This thread is for submitting the model scale pictures.

The rules are simple:
  1. The picture must be of a model structure taken from anyone's layout and must be taken by the person submiting the picture
  2. Only registered members can enter, and only one entry per contest for each member
  3. all pictures must be uploaded to the Gauge or linked so the picture is posted, not the link URL.
  4. All other rules for posting and for this competition that are posted elsewhere, apply
This contest closes the last day of September.

Good luck and have fun.

I guess i'll have to enter my scratchbuilt stone house. I built up a frame of scale lumber, glued on each individual stone, and then used plaster for mortar between the stones. It turned out pretty good in my opinion.

here it is located on my photo module, surrounded by cactus and railroad tracks :D

cactus%201.JPG

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
George and Dragon Public House ...

... started off as a very crude wood and cardboard kit with no detail. I added half timbering and stuccoed the walls and tiled the roof. (Roof colours were questioned once; I have a photo.)

Now how do I reduce the Mb without reducing the image?

Attachments

• IMGP0024_13pc.jpg
    IMGP0024_13pc.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 195

Marxed

Jan 29, 2005
wow those are some amasing photos, i'm going to have an impossible time even trying to get an image to stand up against these

Jac's Lines

Jan 28, 2005
Rochester, NY
This is a diorama I've been working on. Supposed to be a stamp mill in roughly 1900-1910 period -- well used, but still operational. Everything but the windows, buckboard, and lpb are scratchbuilt in HO scale.

Attachments

• September 2005 007c10.jpg
    September 2005 007c10.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 164

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
OK, not the greatest, but this is what was a recyling center kit, and I looked like it should be a feed store, so that's what it is. Robb is my oldest grandson.:wave:

Attachments

• Robbs contest.jpg
    Robbs contest.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 152

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
And...Here's the model of the same silo that I posted in the first part of the contest, that I did for my feed mill.
The framework was stratch built, the silo is from Rix, the man ladder and cyclone hopper are from Walthers, as is the building.

Attachments

• silo2.jpg
    silo2.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.