Seen any good structures to Model anywhere

sweet_sean

Dec 9, 2004
Does anyone know where I can find a picture of a train depot built in about the 1850's or earlier and demolished in the 1980's.
I have been searching for a while now with no results.
If you are interested in searching for images it was in centralia illinois I have found 2 photos and they aren't the best.
I'll attach one of them.
Thanks in advance.
Sean

Attachments

• Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 257
Does anyone know where I can find a picture of a train depot built in about the 1850's or earlier and demolished in the 1980's.
The Centralia Area Historical Society probably would be your best first-stop for info. Their museum has a lot of ICRR stuff. http://www.centraliamuseum.org/

You might also try contacting the Illinois Central Railroad Historical Society:
http://icrrhistorical.org/

Wayne

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Sunday afternoon found me poking around the harbour area with my camera. Here are a couple of the many shots I took (lots were of boats so I won't post those).

I guess this is an office, for what I don't know.

Attachments

• green_shed.jpg
    green_shed.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 147

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
I actually went down there to get some reference shots of oil storage tanks. Here are a couple. I like the first one because it shows they don't always have the circular steps around them.

Attachments

• green_tank.jpg
    green_tank.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 165
  • tanks.jpg
    tanks.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 157

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Yes, you're right, Pete, it does.

Sorry, off topic, but I'm planning to have a tugboat in the Keating Channel area of my layout. I've ordered this kit from a company called Artitec. If you like boats you should check them out - they have some great stuff. Mostly Dutch, but very cool.

Val

Attachments

• 50120.jpg
    50120.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 139