Seen any good structures to Model anywhere

jon-monon

Another Interesting Photo from LB

Here is another shot I think the members would enjoy. It was taken on the west side of Chicago right on a right of way freight embankment. I call it "Plain Vanilla Building with Bagpipes. (only kidding).

Attachments

• 8133.jpg
    8133.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 258

dcfxq

Montpelier Station

Haven't posted much as I have been trying to decide what I wanted to model. Made the decision that I would do the old Southern Rwy route between Alexandria VA through Orange VA and Charlottesville.

Found a great cluster of building on VA Rte 20 between Orange and C'ville at Montpelier Station. Montpelier was originally a plantation owned by Pre James Madison and in 1904 was bout by Wm. DuPont who built the station and siding for him and his guests to use. A siding was built to accomodate their Pullman cars. Across the street was a General Store and two homes w/attached structures. A short distance down the road is a freedman's (former slave) cabin that is being restored. The depot and residences a separeted by the road and a bridge crosses the now NS line to enter the estate itself.

I will reduce the shots of this group and post them later today.

dcfxq

Another group of a very few of the buildings I'll be doing. Took more than 130 shoots and have each building from multiple angles so I should be able to scale them pretty well. One reason I am keen on this "clustered" location is I am working w/a 30' x 33" layout and it will all fit!.

Wish me luck!

Attachments

• 103_0312.JPG
    103_0312.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 213

dcfxq

More of Montpelier Station

The current visitor center which until recently was a general store with gas pumps.

Attachments

• 103_0322.JPG
    103_0322.JPG
    28 KB · Views: 214

Iron Goat

Photo's for model projects....

Just in case somebody really feels ambitious.... I saw this bridge over the
Missouri River near Booneville, and it really "jumped out at me".

Attachments

• 1-Booneville 011-new.jpg
    1-Booneville 011-new.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 192