Securing a backdrop

Richard Gude

I don't know if I am using the right term on the title line. I have a piece of 3/16 tempered masonite that I plan to screw to the back edge of the layout along an aisle. It will extend above the layout table top 10" and below, down the back of the layout table 6" There are vertical supports on each end that extend down from the edge of the table to which I can screw the 6" extension. Two additional vertical supports are located on the ends and about 1/3 of the way from each end. The table top is made of 5/8 plywood so I also plan to screw the backdrop into the table edge at frequent intervals, say every 8-12"s.

My question is will I also need to build additional supports that run up the 10" extension of the back of the masonite to prevent it from severe warping, or should the system of attachment I describe above be OK? I realize that the edge of the masonite will not be perfectly straight but it should be visually acceptable.:confused:

Russ Bellinis

In that case with a support at each end and one at the junction of the two pieces, one additional support in the center of each section should be plenty strong enough.