Secret 3D software

Discussion in 'Software' started by dardard, Jun 30, 2005.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Detail, Man detail..... Or a link at the very least!!

Tim P

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Give us a few details on your above statement ^^^^^, you have peaked my curiosity now.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

Just wait..,

4. Darwin

Darwin Member

In the interim, for those who want a free 2D/3D CAD program. I located a freeware download called ProgeCAD LT that seems to be a pretty powerful, free program. It had better be for the time it took downloading 40 Meg. I got to it by a google search for "freeware" was on the first site brought up in the search. Anyone have any experience with this program? It appears to be a lite version of IntelliCAD.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

doing some "research" of my own I removed thier cookie from my puter and tried to register from another email account of mine, I got this reply when I had to email them to tell them I couldnt register:

"Thank you for your question about We will respond to
    your question shortly."

I am sure this was probably computer generated and I know its a sunday afternoon, but looks to me like they would have some standard message pointing to the link.

On the other topic, "other free 3d software", I have Anim8or on my computer, its a free download and does wonderous things including meshes, as well as animation. and the drawings can be opened by pepakura. Check this program out at: be sure to dowload the instruction .pdf also, its about 100 pages and comes in handy at times for questions.

have a good day,

greg aka GW
  6. Deathping

Deathping New Member

I only raise suspicion over the x-cad page because it has a layout that smells of a email-mining
    entity that is trying to lure people to submit their email addresses. I have been in the mail campaign
    business and that page smacks of an email farming scam. Phishing (aka identity/money theft)
    comes into mind as well.

Points to note:

. No screenshots

. No trial download. No idea what it looks like, how it behaves, what it can really do. Does it do NURBS
    like rhino? Support 3d engine formats? Measure objects down to the atomic scale? Does it do
    photorealistic rendering? I have no idea, do you?

. The FAQ covers nothing but the name and who's behind it (or lack of)

. Media coverage?! Press Releases? On what? Most hype you see online or on tv are based on tangible
    things. I see nothing tangible here. Oh but wait, its an awesome 3d CAD package. Lets tell the world
    what a great app we have, even though we have nothing to offer. Its not easy to get a true quote
    from a magazine or popular online publication, but its *very* easy to make up your own rave
    reviews. Just use notepad.

. Theyre trying real hard to convince you its legitimate. Why do they have have to prove that to John
    Q. Public? What are they hiding?

I dunno. I might be wrong. They might actually be doing something real. But until I see the application
    on my desktop, well, as the saying goes "I'll believe it when I see it"
  7. barry

barry Active Member

If it does work it was a quick way to get 100,000 possible contacts for very little outlay for that kind of advertising, maybe the guy is smarter than we think and even Honest, that would be a change.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Guys,

Well, while "looking into this", I searched out "x-cad" on google and found a forum and I am kinda thinking like they were thinking in it (dont ask me the forum, i dont have a clue what it was or how I even got there), But it was said in that forum that, what if they are recruiting 100,000 beta testers and setting up a market for the actual "commercial software" (by that I mean a much better version to be offered at a price to the respondants).
    Just think, by getting their market set up before hand, not only do they get beta testers for free to try out the "prototype" software, but much like a drug dealer, once they have you hooked, will offer you something abit more addictive at a "price" this time. 100,000 ppl purchasing more software or even a "key" to open up some parts of the software for $10 each would be a cool million.
    I hate to be skeptical, but do some research folks, check out x-cad and other relitive terms in google like x-cad secret software.

have a good day,

9. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

I read that same forum, and I got to it the same way (google searching) so great minds must think alike (well, mines not so great, but anyway)

There are alot of different things I read that tie this x-cad thing to albire, but I've never used any of albire's software so I don't know if it's worth anything. Uh, here's the link to them

The e-mail account I used to sign up for this thing about a month ago hasn't recieved any spam (yet!) so at least there not doing that.

Someone on some forum did mention that they (if it is albire) could be giving away version 8.2 of there software because in 3-6 months they could be coming out with version 9. That way at least a fraction of the people who signed up and got the software would upgrade and like you said, even if it's 10 bucks a pop, they still made out with more money than this promotion cost them.

I'm still expecting this to turn out to be some scam (life just does that to me to often) :roll: but I HOPE that it's not.

edit: Hmm, seems that Albire design works with Rhino files and as some sort of plugin interface between the two... Now I really want it to be a real deal!
  10. silverw

silverw Member

Jezzzeee... U gi=uys...

For those of us that would like to at least have a look at the thing, before berating it all to HELL...

13,000to go!! :evil:
  11. Maurice

Maurice Member

12. Gil

Gil Active Member

Hi All,

Looking at the present offering of Alibre it appears that thre professional and expert versions offer sheetmetal capability required for cardmodeling. It would make a lot of people on this site very happy if it does but unfortunately the version they're offering for free is the express version which doesn't support this feature...,

13. Maurice

Maurice Member

This feature cuts in with
    Alibre Design Professional --> $1495

Now whose going to be the first to upgrade. :roll:
    Particularly as sheet metal programmes usually only provide limited development facilities and not the full range needed for our interest
  14. Kevin G

Kevin G Member

I was number 97,473!
  15. Maurice

Maurice Member

Better late than never, but try not to be too anxious or depressed about your poor performance on this occassion. And there's definitely no need to seek counselling, once you've been around here for a while you are certain to become much quicker and more proficient at grabbing worthwhile freebies.

16. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Barely a 1000 to go now.....

Tim P
  17. Gil

Gil Active Member

99918..., the 100k mark will be today..., 99924, 99929, 99932, 99940, 99947, 99950...,

Being's as Tim started this (well nearly so) it's only proper that he be assigned the task of a complete once over report on whatever it is they're giving away for free. This will help keep the memberships hard disk drives free from clutter if it turns out to be clunk...,

Thanks Tim!

P.S. Tim probably won't get around to this cause he'll still be plumbing the depths of the documentation...,
  18. Gil

Gil Active Member

It's over 100,000!

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Gil,

I second the motion, so we have a motion, we have a second, motion carried all in favor say "aye". LOL j/j
    Well since the goal of 100,000 will be reached in the next 24 hrs for certain, I wonder if alibre will issue it now or wait until the 1st of august?
    Well Since Tim did bring it to light, he was probably the first of us to sign up for it, so he might know before any of us the answers to these questions and more. lol

Stay tuned, Dont touch that mouse!

have a good day,

greg aka GW
  20. Gil

Gil Active Member

Some more on X-Cad...,

It's a freebie requiring an internet connection for full functionality..., oh yeah, don't forget the banner adds scrolling across the screen...., Needless to say the freebie community is in full and detailed enragement over this! Fun to read postings on their forum site.