Secret 3D software

Discussion in 'Software' started by dardard, Jun 30, 2005.

1. dardard

dardard Member

Hello everyone,
    In our quest for cheap solutions, I found a special one.
    They offer you no more than a fully functionnal version of their 3D CAD software only if 100 000 sign in their website before 1 of august.
    Joke or not ?
    Across the web site, there is not much said about the possibilities of the software.
    But if it is a true story it could be cool to have it (in some articles around the web it said to be an Autocad like :lol: )
    Last thing, the name of the beast : X-cad, you can find it at

Hope to see your comments about it

Best regards
  2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Coo, what a find. I've registered already. Come on you lot, add your name to the list! Good find.

Tim P
  3. Gil

Gil Active Member

The count is around 54,000 currently...., wondering which of the four they're going to give away free? Nice way to spend an advertising budget...,

Registered too, Gil
  4. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

55244 and counting

I registered. The count was at 55237 at the website and at 55244 a few minutes later when I checked email to verify.
  5. silverw

silverw Member

Now .... 55651
  6. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Exciting, isn't it?! I can hardly wait!!

Tim P
  7. rickstef

rickstef Guest

i even signed up for it

I might try to use some of the GIS/mapping functionality in it

8. Maurice

Maurice Member

You're right Tim - but for some real excitment I'm just off to watch some paint dry.:D

Thanks for mentioning it Dardard.

9. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

10. Maurice

Maurice Member

Are you claiming a monopoly ?
  11. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Good Lord NO! Spread the word, if everyone understood it, the world would be a far better place!!

Tim P
  12. Maurice

Maurice Member

No worries.
    But 'tis the human condition, overall it can never get better.

However treading water is permitted.
  13. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

I registered, also (after seeing the announcement of TimP) The count was 38k plus on 01 Jul.. Did all of you guys got e-mail confirmation? I didn't but, I was THANKED for registering, though! Wondering .....

14. Gil

Gil Active Member

Does the software have a switch for just blanking out the offending stuff?

P.S. Just found it!

The spelling-it-out option rephrases the entire paragraph to remove any possible confusion due to irony or sarcasm. Warning: use of this option may remove all humour from a document, or indeed all content whatsoever.
  15. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Apparently not, I think it just highlights anything suspect and lets you decide for yourself. I think I might have found a bug in the current version, as every time I try it on anything I have written myself, it highlights the lot. Perhaps you can adjust the strength of the filtering somehow. I'll look into this.

I'd drop the authors an e-mail with your suggestion though. They might be interested. Oops, there it goes again!

Tim P
  16. silverw

silverw Member

It's gonna have to go faster than that!!!

....... better tell all your friends!!! :D :) :eek: :shock: :lol: :oops: :twisted: :wink:
  17. Deathping

Deathping New Member

Guys i hate to say it, but no screenshots, no working demo...I smell a spam scam here. Id be careful submitting an email to that page...I'd use a web based mail, something you dont pay attention to, like lycos or yahoo.
  18. Gil

Gil Active Member

It's been turned over to Federal authorities who for some strange reason are very interested in these guys...,

19. silverw

silverw Member

15,000 to go!!!
  20. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

Not much left at all.

BTW I read on some other forums that the company behind this is probably Alibre so the program is probably AlibreDesign 8.2 or so.

Apparently if you examine the header on the reply e-mail it show it's from Alibre in the message id part. Although I couldn't find that in mine, but I got mine through a web mail interface so it might have changed things around.