Searching for info from a magazine from 1961.

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
I am looking for information on a layout.

It is the Nescher & South Valley Mineral RR.

It is from:

HO Monthly/Model Trains Spring 1961 issue

http://index.mrmag.com/tm.exe?opt=I&MAG=HOMT&MO=4&YR=1961

This layout is also featured in the book The Model Railroader's Guide to Logging Railroads I own this book and would like some more info on this specific layout.

Would there be anyone out there with any info at all on the layout? Or maybe even an old copy of the magazine that they would be interested in selling or loaning to a guy.

Thanks,
Mike

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I looked, but the few issues of Model Trains that I have come from 1958, and 1959. I stopped picking up MT, when I started buying Model Railroader. You might try contacting Kalmbach Publishing to see if they have any info on file.
Pete

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
These guys respond fast.

Mike:

I’m sorry, but all the information we have on this layout was published, and we haven’t heard from the author in many years.

I wish I had better news.

Regards,

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]Jim Hediger, senior editor
Model Railroader magazine"

[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Helvetica, Arial]That does not look good. I guess i will have to do some digging.[/FONT] I have a track plan but it is very limited in info.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
I know Jim Hediger, good people. If he wasn't able to find any further information, it's not there.
"You may be an engineer, but can you drive a steam engine?!"

Actually,....................I have driven a steam engine........once! :mrgreen:
It was at Steam Town, when it was in Bellows Falls, Vt. The bell was on a pneumatic ringer, and I hadn't thought to research that control. The engineer had to get the bell ringing.

beamish

HO & Steam Engineer
I tried searching on the 4L group of loggers on yahoo groups. The author of The Model Railroader's Guide to Logging Railroads contacted me directly.He gave me some suggestions and even offered to help me out himself when he has a chance. Seems as though he would like to build this layout as well. We also discovered that we had some similar interests so that was pretty neat.I have some info requests in but if anyone finds any info at all i would still be interested.

As for the quote in my sig. I use that at lot at work. I am an Eng Tech and work with many electrical and computer engineers every day so I like to bug them that they are not real engineers. They can't operate steam engines, or trains. However I am licensed in the Provinces of MB and SK to operate steam engines. I mostly work with Steam Traction Engines such as those made by J.I. Case.