Sea Vixen

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Regie, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Regie

Regie Member

Hi folks - I'm on the hunt for a card model Sea Vixen. I wan't familiar with this awesome looking plane until I went to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford Airfield in Cambridge over the weekend, where they have one parked up in a hangar.

What a beauty. Eclipsed on the day only by the SR-71 they have there (never thought I'd see one, let alone get to stand next ot it) and the beautiful DeHavilland Dragon Rapide, which I actually got to fly in briefly.

I've scoured the 'net, and I can't find one anywhere. Searching here I see there was some discussion about this plane a while ago, but nothing recent. Any ideas? (Designing my own is beyond me right now...)
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Yeah................Sea Vixen,neat aircraft, but the offset cockpit always baffled me!

SR-71........... BIG PLANE!

Maybe one day someone will put one out. Seems like Geli did or I could be mistaken.
  3. 46rob

46rob Member

The offset cockpit allowed the second crewman to sit along side the pilot--while allowing the pilot visibility to land and take off from those itty bitty early British carriers. I've got a set of three views......maybe after the century series is done, the A3 is in the bag and a couple others I'm hot to do are complete--I'll try another Brit bird