Sd.Kfz-251/1 ausf.C (scratchbuild) 1:16

Discussion in 'Armory & Military' started by Patero, Jan 23, 2008.

1. KCStephens

KCStephens Member

What is the "blue" colored coating that you are using on the pieces before painting?
  2. Patero

Patero Member

to->HeavyKevie: The blue colour you see on the model is blue tinted glue, that I use. Is quite diluted by water- it soaks better into the paper. I apply it by a brush an it’s like a to coating of the paper, so the paper doesn’t soak in the colour (no colour difference marks). It gets like a plastic look. It’s blue, so I can see where I applied it already – that way I don’t miss any area.

3. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

So this is white or woodglue? What is your mixture water to glue?

4. The Hermit

The Hermit Member

i was going to ask the same question...

does it make the piece stronger as well?>
  5. ninja_doc

ninja_doc Member

Beautiful tires! Absolutely amazing.

6. lriera

lriera Member

I am amazed. I also have the same question that all about the percentage.
    Thank you very much.
  7. Patero

Patero Member

Originally it’s white office glue for paper, but it’s for wood, textile….. The ratio is aprox. 1 : 1 but you need to optimize for yourself. It makes the model little bit stronger, but mainly it impregnates the paper and gets the optimum surface for spraying by Gunze Sangio colour.
  8. Patero

Patero Member

9. lriera

lriera Member

Thanks for your kind reply.

Do you paint a base black layer and another with the green colour over it ? Are they Gunze Sangio? Do you paint with brush or airbrush?

I like very much the way you work with paper. Now I am at the beginning of paper building, but I want to try your method in a future model. So I will ask you all the information you can tell us.

Thank you very much for the information.
  10. Patero

Patero Member

11. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

You must have reference material that would bury the average collector... or you actually own the real halftrack.
  12. Patero

Patero Member

13. Patero

Patero Member

to-> Iriera:

So, the blue or black basic colour is applied by a brush. And then I spray the Gunze Sangio. The black basic coat I use only when I want to see the part coloured before spraying, so I can deal with imperfections. But it doesn’t have to be black colour. You can use any colour you like. Keep an eye on this thread and I will try to answer all your questions.
  14. lriera

lriera Member

Thank you Patero fro showing your work and also for the responses to my questions. Don't worry I am following your threat with ABSOLUTE attention. Your work is amazing and I am learning a lot looking how you do your model. :thumb:
    Thank you.
  15. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

In a way that is not much for references. I can't speak for the book but I think you just have a good sense of design.
  16. Kezn

Kezn pwned in the dawn

that's awesome !!! my jawbone is 2 km from its normal position !
    thank you for sharing us this wonderful works.

17. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Very well done!

18. Patero

Patero Member

19. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

I think Kezn's jawbone is in danger of removing itself now... that is awesome stuff indeed!
  20. Patero

Patero Member