Screw Punch & 6 bits $2.25

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade' started by B-Manic, May 26, 2007.

1. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

2. smyfe

smyfe Member

Hole punch

Many thanks for the heads-up, just bought one, £7.82 including p+p to the UK, just got to be patient and wait for it now.:-D :-D
  3. Rick Thomson

Rick Thomson Member

Great, thanks for the info, just ordered one.
  4. airbob

airbob Member

Me too...It looks just right!!!:)
  5. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Me too! I'm going to have to get a bigger toolbox....

6. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Thanks, B-manic!

As soon as someone has a chance to give it a try, please let us know how well it works!
  7. yaniv

yaniv Active Member

u got only 1 size or all the 6?

WOW i wish i can found the way to order mine :(
  8. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Check your pm's, Yaniv.
    I will try to assist you in getting one of these babies, if you would like.:twisted:

9. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I believe I shall echo this sentiment, loud and clear!:roll:

Any one have one yet???
    Please share with us, any info you can offer!
    Give us a report, preferably with pics, of course!:twisted:

Does it remove the same size hole it advertises?
    Does it do a clean job of it?
    Easy to use and blades seem to go on for ever???( i know):roll:
    Waste of every penny???
    Is ok, but I think ++++++ works better.
    Where do you get ++++++?

I could go on but you get the idea..
    I just want to know everything!:roll:

10. smyfe

smyfe Member

No idea how long it will take to get to the UK from Hong Kong, but as soon as it arrives I will post a report:-D ,if no-one beats me to it:)
  11. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

I've got one of those rotary leather punch plier thingies, which is very powerful and has 6 alternate punch sizes, but of course you can only reach as far as the opening of the jaws. The huge advantage of this new tool is that you can punch holes anywhere on the sheet.

Waiting for the postman,

12. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Art Decko & All interested parties - >
    I'll do a thorough test when it arrives (3 - 14 days according to seller) and post the results here.
  13. Maurice

Maurice Member

... isn't it obvious how to punch a hole anywhere in a sheet with a rotary leather punch ?
  14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Well, it isn't to me, please share your method if you aren't just joking!:grin:

15. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I guess one could always cut out the circle with a small border then use the rotary punch.
    The screw punch spins the cutting bit though where the rotary does not. I think you will get a much cleaner hole with a screw punch. Plus you won't have double the work.

16. Maurice

Maurice Member

This will be the only clue you are allowed. :)

Using it this way you can screw around with it as much as you like whilst pressing.
    (I take no responsibility for the reader's mind at that point :twisted:)
  17. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thats all the clue I need, Maurice!:roll: Thanks!8)

18. gnAsher

gnAsher Member

Curses! Foiled Again

Would you Adam and Eve it? The guy sells from Hong Kong, but won't ship to Hong Kong! I was going get the jump on you and be the first to give a report on it. Now I can't even get one!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: /Stomps around room and kicks over potted plant/

Ah well, at least I got the picture. I can go to Apliu Street (where we buy our tools) and show it too them. If you ask for a screw punch, they just look at you with a blamk expression.:roll:
  19. smyfe

smyfe Member

Hole Punch

Hi guys, mine arrived today. Box was flat packed and the bits are in a small plastic container, all in a padded envelope.I have given it a quick go in my lunch hour and the results look great. It easily makes perfect holes in 80gsm, 128gsm, 160gsm and 1mm card.It does not require much pressure at all and gives very good results in my opinion. Pleas note this is the first time I have used a tool like this and it is vastly better than trying to cut small holes with the plier type punch or a knife:grin: :grin: What a fantastic bargain :twisted Tanks again for the heads up:) p.s. 5 days from Hong Kong to the UK, not bad at all
  20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thanks for the report smyfe!
    I still couldn't wait and already have one on the way!
    I was a little leary of it but I'm glad I didn't wait now.