Scratchbuilt Borden's butterdish milk car.

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
I started to build a Borden's butterdish milk car in N scale but ran into a couple of dimension problems. Realizing that It would be easier to start over again I took what I had and made it into a freelance car for my own road the Piermont Dock Railway. I put on a round top door with a porthole in it and added the wings from .005" styrene. It's not quite done as only one side is decaled and not yet oversprayed. Check it out.

Attachments

• nyack1.jpg
    nyack1.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 195
C

Catt

There was an article on building a butterdish milk car in RMC I think late last year.

MCL_RDG

Dec 8, 2002
S.E.PA.
Visit site
Quick work...

..., having just seen this car on Blake's paint booth pedestal a few hours ago. Truely a beauty.

I would offer Blake one piece of advice, clean uP that workbench!:D

Mark

Chris333

Jul 29, 2003
community.webshots.com
Lookin good blake :cool: I would like to do a borden car someday. Do you know a good place to get plans for these cars? I remember something in RMC with drawings, but I can't find it now.
BTW: what size is your N scale layout?

Chris

Blake

Jul 19, 2002
Northern New Jersey
www.BlakeDTatar.com
That was a 2 part article in RMC. March & April 1986. I have a tiny layout that is kind of on hold as I am rebuilding part of it. It is 2' X 8' with 2 levels. The top level has a scenery divider down the center with a hidden staging yard in the back. The grades are terrible as it is like a folded loop. When I rebuild it I will only have 1 grade and a reverse loop on the bottom level with another staging yard. All the yards just keep me from getting bored. Also, I am changing over to Atlas code 55 on the exposed portion.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 88