Scratchbuilding Information

SB7

Jun 11, 2007
Brooklyn, New York

" i have looked for book's on scratchbuilding and just have come up empty " This question was originally asked by Starman vbmenu_register("postmenu_448046", true);

:thumb: Get ready to sink your teeth into the most delicious books that have ever been published in this field. :thumb:

sign1 NOT TO WORRY THESE BOOKS WILL NOT BREAK THE BANK sign1

announce1 announce1 announce1How To Build Creative Dioramas for your scale model autos.

by Ken Hamilton

Contact him immediately as he only has a few copies left at Kvwildhare@aol.com

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: How to build DIORAMAS by Shepard Paine.

This book is no longer in print,wall1 Search for a copy via

announce1 www.Amazon.com
:eek:ops: BookFinder.com: Search for New & Used Books, Textbooks, Out-of-Print and Rare Books

Your best bet is Amazon,.
Bookfinder is outrageous when it comes to prices.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: " Model Railroad Scratchbuilding," Tab Books by Prof. Wayne Wesolowski

wall1 ALSO OUT OF PRINT: wall1

announce1announce1announce1GO TO YOU LIBRARY REFERENCE DESK AND SPECIFICALLY ASK THEM TO HAVE A COPY BROUGHT IN "announce1announce1announce1 VIA INTER LIBRARY LOAN " announce1announce1announce1

:eek:ops::eek:ops::eek:ops: OR Go to BookFinder.com: Search for New & Used Books, Textbooks, Out-of-Print and Rare Books and search under Wesolowski Wayne
You'll be shocked. :eek:ops::eek:ops::eek:ops:

wall1 NOT TO WORRY wall1

:cool: THE FOLLOWING TITLE WAS ALSO OUT OF PRINT! :cool:

announce1 BUT IT HAS BEEN REPUBLISHED announce1 AND IS CURRENTLY AVAILABLE announce1

:wave: CHECK YOUR LOCAL HOBBY SHOP FOR A COPY, IF NOT CONTACT WWW.KALMBACH.COM :wave:

announce1announce1announce1" ABCs of Building Model Railroad Cars by Wayne Wesolowski and Mary Cay Wesolowski "... announce1announce1announce1

:wave: IT IS IN ESSENCE A COMPILATION OF " Model Railroad Scratchbuilding," :wave:

THERE IS ANOTHER MILITARY BOOK OUT THERE BUT THE PRICE IS ABOUT $35.00 plus... thats the only reason I haven't purchased it yet, don't worry I will..... wall1

When I remember its name, i'll post it here. :wave:

Bob

Starman

Sep 21, 2006
Hey SB7 thank you for that info and i did get the book by Prof. Wayne Wesolowski so i will see if this can help me understand scratchbuilding a little better.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
There is an older book from Model Railroader called "Dollar Car Models" or similar. They used to have a series of articles on building vars that were supposed to cost about a dollar. (That was back when MR was 35 to 50 cents and 50 cents of the Dollar was for trucks and couplings!)

CNJ999

Aug 21, 2004
Rather than books, I'd recommend Scott Mason's three DVDs on Building Craftsman Structure Kits. They are very up-to-date and, honestly, there is really very little difference between scratchbuilding and building today's complex wood kits, so all the same techniques and tricks apply.

CNJ999