scratchbuilding help

I have finished scratchbuilding the basic shell of my GP38 hi hood. Below is the pic
gp38hi.gif

Everything turned out ok, but I'm having a problem with the handrails, does anyone have any ideas on the easiest way to do these without buying a detail kit? Thanks

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
I've been watching this thread WVRR, hoping to learn something new. Alas, it seems you're going to have to pioneer this one yourself. Catt has handrails to make too for his scratchbuilt Cab unit, not sure if he's going to use handrails from his "junk box" or make some more substantial items from wire.
I'd sure like to see a post from you in here if you find a method yourself. (You sure pick on the toughies :) )
Meanwile, you've got me thinking about possible methods.

Errol

Hehehe, just as I got your reply, I figured out a way to do it...I took a piece of copper wire and spliced off the insulation. I then attached each statchion(?) as a thin round piece of styrene...I then superglued the copper wire to the styrene. For chains, I used thread frayed a bit with sandpaper...so far it looks good, but won't know until it dries...I'll include some pics tomorrow. All for now!!!