Scratchbuild a N-scale Climax

Hello all,

here are my first ideas to scratchbuild my first loco for logging operations in N-scale.
Prototyp will be a class a Climax with boot-typ boiler.
For drivemechanisem, I'm using a model of a german roadswitcher from Fleischmann.
Yesterday, I've started to cut away the truck mounted couplers and I've started the superstructure. I'll post you some pictures next time.

Attachments

• N-Climax.jpg
    N-Climax.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 298
Hi,

this post was one of the inspirations I needed to start my work ;)
Very nice model. I hope my model can reach your climax after finish.

Hello all,

the work is done and I will post some pictures this evening or tomorrow. At the Moment, I'm working on five logging flatcars.

Here are the pics of my climax

Hello all,

some time again, a friend called me a "quick-basher". I don't know why ;)
Here is the result of 2 evenings on my workbench (arround 8 huors).

Some parts are still missing like steps, figures, firewood, details like chains and other parts. This will come tomorrow.

Attachments

• hinten.jpg
    hinten.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 247
  • seite.jpg
    seite.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 244
  • vorne.jpg
    vorne.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 245
  • Seite_2.jpg
    Seite_2.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 241
Pics of cars

By thw way. In the same time, I build my 5 logging flatcars and a watercar. The frameworks are old-style tankcars from microtrains. The tanker was modified with wooden decking.
The caboose is a microtrain model and will be detailed next time.

Attachments

• Logcar.jpg
    Logcar.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 233
  • Wasser.jpg
    Wasser.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 233
  • alle.jpg
    alle.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 235
Thanks for the comments.
Yesterday, I've started with an other project in N-scale. A tunnel-log-loader. The prototyp Cody loader with wooden tunnel-frame and fixed boom. More to come this evening. You can find pictures of the prototyp at www.steaminthewoods.com
I'm also working on the detailparts of the climax.

Lighthorseman

Wow!

Very, very nice work, Gerd! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: (oder, Herr Schnell-Bascher, vielleicht? :D )

Wir warten auf ihrer Logging-Caboose bash!

jon-monon said:
What kind of trucks are you using on the log buggies?
There are Bettendorf-trucks under my logcars. Some time ago, I've got 6 MTL-tankcars, that has been used to build the five logcars and the watercar. I've removed the tank and glued a wooden decking on the frame.

Here are 3 new progress pics out of my workshop. I've spend some time on weathering the watercar and climax, and have dome the anounced caboose-bash.
By the way, sorry for the bad quality next time. The other digicam is with my parents in holiday ;-)

Attachments

• Wasser_2.jpg
    Wasser_2.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 179
  • climax.jpg
    climax.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 184
  • caboose.jpg
    caboose.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 182