scratch built turntable

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by leon, Nov 12, 2008.

1. leon

leon Member

I have been looking for a turntable tutorial I had seen which I think was the best. The problem is: as smart as I am,:mrgreen: I forgot where I seen it. This tutorial showed everything in detail from cutting the whole to building the bridge including the electrical details. I am sorry for the scant information--hoping to find some info.wall1 :cry:
  2. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

4. leon

leon Member

Thanks to the Academy for ending my search. The tutorial on scratchbuilding the TT is exactly what I was looking for!

Thanks again!
  5. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

No problem!

Thanks to Kurt (cnw1961) for sharing his excellent work with us! :thumb:

Be sure to let us know how your build goes... pictures appreciated ;) :D

6. tetters

tetters Rail Spiking Fool!

In case anyone has tried the link that goes to Able Audio says the website has been hacked. Don't know how long its been that way, however, might be good to avoid if your computer is not well protected in case you pick up some malware or something nasty.
  7. leon

leon Member

Well Andy, I retired this past Feb. and decided to lay some track down in the attic and since then I have been reading up on building a layout since I have been away from this for a while. I have been at this since I was a young boy and still have plenty of interest in the hobby. But like George Burns said "You can't help getting older but you don't have to get old"(love that phrase). Will keep you informed on the progress.