Scratch built shack!

I built an Ash Creek Lumber Co. MoW / RIP shack with plans from T. F.

I plan on giving it to a friend to put on his layout. Now I'll have a reason to bring my 'modern' McCloud boxcars out of storage. He is modelling a free lanced modern theme. (he buys what ever is new!!!)

Besides, I don't think that those big sixty foot McCloud cars would even be able to negotiate the right of way of the Ash Creek.

:eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

Attachments

• ash creek mow-rip shack1978.jpg
    ash creek mow-rip shack1978.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 283
Ash Creek MoW-RIP shack

another view,

And if any one asks what that wire is sticking out of the roof is, I'll have to show you:eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• ash creek mow-rip shack1979.jpg
    ash creek mow-rip shack1979.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 276
a Flag Pole

now remember, I'm putting it on his layout, not mine :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL, I'm just kidding, I kinda like the ol' glory!!

Attachments

• ash creek mow-rip shack1980.jpg
    ash creek mow-rip shack1980.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 269

satokuma

Looking good Drew, could use one of those on my little eNpire:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Is the corrugated sides scratch our commercial?

I've been shack attacked!!

thanks every one:) :) :)

I guess a flag pole would work as a lightening attracter, but this pole ain't grounded:( :( , so I could be in trouble.

The siding is comercial Campbells #804, HO scale. Not sure if is available in N scale.

(wait 'till you see the next one!:cool: :cool: :cool: ;) ;) ;)

Drew

RailRon

Since the roof and the walls are made from metal, the current of a lightning would probably flow that way - sort of a Faraday cage. But oh Boy - what a noise that would make when you were in that hut! :D :D :D

Drew, this is really a very neat model. Great weathering, too! :cool:

Ron

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Great looking shack Drew. Love that chimney and the rust weathering it caused to the roof.

shaygetz

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Great job, especially on that tin, but yer friend must be a merciless taskmaster with no A/C for the poor LPB pencil pusher working in there during the summer:eek: :cry: :p Poor thing and dodgin' lightnin' too, tsk, tsk...

Originally posted by shaygetz
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Great job, especially on that tin, but yer friend must be a merciless taskmaster with no A/C for the poor LPB pencil pusher working in there during the summer:eek: :cry: :p Poor thing and dodgin' lightnin' too, tsk, tsk...

LOL, LOL:D :D :D

I'll have to remember that, we need AC!!

Drew