Scratch Built Plans

77railer

Hey gang,
I was wondering if anyone had any drawings/plans for HO Scale buildings that I might be able to make buildings from. I know I can go buy kits but where is the fun in that. Any and all suggestions and help is greatly appreciated.

77Railer

Ray Marinaccio

Hi 77Railer,
Most of the plans for buildings I've built from scratch came from Model Railroader and Railroad Model Craftsman Magazines.
What type of buildings do you have in mind?

77railer

Anything really. Water towers, coal shacks, farm houses, city buildings, everything I can get my hands on. Im just starting out and have an itch that cant be satisfied. Ive never done anything like this before and have no intention on buying a kit and doing things the easy way. Already looking foward to play with an airbrush. I appreciate anything you can send my way.

77Railer

pdt

Try this link out to find out more about one of my favorite books:

http://www.pitbossannie.com/iss-tf-0890245142.html

The book is called Easy-To-Build Model Railroad Structures. It dates from the time of strathmore board as a building material (which is still the norm here) and is full of interesting and easy structures.

I've seen this book for sale used on Amazon before, so you might try there.

jetrock

Amen, PDT! That and Kalmbach's "Bridges and Buildings for Model Railroads" were the basis for many of the kits I built as a kid, and I still use 'em today.