Scratch built Company House

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Tayder, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Tayder

Tayder Member

Pretty much finished my first "Company House" based on plans from the December 1978 RMC magazine. I don't have a lot of experience with scratchbuilding as yet, but I'm getting there and I'm fairly satisified with this one. The structure in the background is the boiler house (not scratched) for my refinery (under construction).

Attached Files:

2. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Looks good. keep up the great work!
  3. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

nice are you going to enter it in the scratch building challange ? you should:)
  4. Tayder

Tayder Member

Why not? Although, I'll have to do some more work on it before actual "entry". Needs some detail work yet.

Thank you! tooth1
  5. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That's a fine looking house! Nicely done.
  6. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

That look pretty good to me!!! Nice proportions...I like it.
  7. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Nice -it has a very railroady look to it. :thumb:

You probably already know this, but it's a bit tough to see the detail on the siding etc. Quite often indoor flash settings on our cameras "blow out" all the shadows, and with them detail and definition.

You don't have to have an expensive high end camera to fix this problem. When you're shooting something as portable as this model, just take it outside and shoot there. The best lighting is an overcast sky, but some great photo's can be taken in sunlight too.

8. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Yep, I gotta agree with the others, nice structure, worthy of entering it in the scratchbuilt competition. :thumb: