scratch building

gerbs4me

well I got the building cut out of the foam board. I was going to make meat packing or something in that nature to go with my refeer car. I was wondering, how do what glue should I use?

billk

Gerbs, there's no "recipe" in scratch-building, otherwise it would be a kit. The great thing about it is that you can experiment and sometimes come up with a new techique by accident. If the experiment is a total flop, you don't have a whole lot invested.

Whatever glue you use, test a little of on a scrap piece of foam to make sure it just doesn't dissolve it (altough some interesting effects can be had that way.)

I agree with Billk, try some on scrap pieces first. Remember that the "foam" middle part will react with any solvent based glues so this is where you have to do the main test, the outer parts are a paper product and will take most glues. For me when I use foam coare for retaining walls etc I just use white glue, if I am doing a corner piece use a corner brace on the back and you can glue this in for added strength and bracing. Ron.

n-scaler-dude

I just finshed gluing a diorama substructure using nothing but foam core and Elmer's Carpenter's wood glue (the yellow stuff). It worked very well.