scratch building blast furnace

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
hey yall,i mentioned in trucklovers n scale blast furnace thread that i was to be building the blast furnace for my future layout.i kinda know what I'm doing :rolleyes: but any help or ideas along the way would be great.today ill bring back supplies and get started with the basic furnace body itself.here are the blueprints for it.alot of the detail didn't come out but it is all therethe worst part wil be building that HUGE scafolding around the furnace,that will really test my skills.talk to yall later.--josh :wave:

BF_764432.bmp

Justin

Mar 15, 2007
Thats looks like a fun project! Bet its gonna be hard too! Good luck1 Do tell when you start on it.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That will be a challenge but you do great work! Looking forward to seeing progress. I made a sort of impression of a steel mill furnace myself because the more accurate work looked to daunting to me! :)
Ralph

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
thanks guys,i planned on getting supplies and starting tonight.but with all this easter schmidt and "honey-do's" got in the way,so i just ordered some stuff like railings,i beams,ladders,etc.so ill hopefully start tomorrow with the furnace body.--josh

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
The "Easter schmidt", you'll have to take up with God, the "honey-do's", you'll have to take up with "his" boss.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

the sad part about this ,is that im more afraid of "the boss"!!sign1 sign1 sign1

bigsteel

Call me Mr.Tinkertrain
Dec 12, 2006
Cincinnati,Ohio
hey guys,sorry im sooooo late starting this.but i figured ill build it first and show it then show how i did it since i've never built anything this complicated.(i dont wanna make myself look de-de-de LOL).so,ittl be done soon.....i hope.--josh

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Alright, SWEET, can't wait for some pics!!!!

Hey, by the time you start posting pics, I will probly be posting pics of the progress on the 2 Rolling Mills for my Steel Mill. They will go along well together lol