scratch build O scale Toadsuck Canning Co.

Discussion in 'On30 Forum' started by kennyrach, May 16, 2012.

1. kennyrach

kennyrach Member

Hi all .Today i started scratch building my O scale Toadsuck Canning Co.I working from picture from internet .so here go the build.First i stain over 500 1/32 x 3/32 board one side outside color and other inside i stained weather gray .Next i draw out the wall and build the frame .Then start to do the board by board.(Yes i do sell these stain wood board)As you can see it look super .Also you can see the stone basement wall i was trying out .Now i need build the roof joist .This so far taken me 26 hour to do
  2. kennyrach

kennyrach Member

Today i got the other wall done as you can see i have the cut out for the roof joist and you can see the window i using real wood .These wall are my master plug
  3. PemTech

PemTech Member

Makes me want to build a replica of our own Toadsuck Square in Conway Arkansas.
  4. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Are those stone or foam bricks? They sure look like stone to me. Incredible! :)
  5. kennyrach

kennyrach Member

yep it my own way of building it just using some ideal from toadsuck
  6. Bill Nelson

Bill Nelson Well-Known Member

Fine looking work! O scale has lots of opportunity for detail.
  7. kennyrach

kennyrach Member

here where i am at got wall plug made and started making wall .wall are made with interlocking tab
  8. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Great looking structures! :)
  9. kennyrach

kennyrach Member

Here the wall i made now off to make 6 more .So far this is where i am at about 30% done with building
  10. kennyrach

kennyrach Member

This what the finish wall look like .The wall was done by hand scribing it
    As you see in picture i made mold out of the master plug
    This picture is the master plug be for i stain it
    Thank and yes it take lot of patience and time over 6 hr for this wall if you look at picture u see a window that was close up and a crack in wall
  11. kennyrach

kennyrach Member

here the small front wall .
    has you can see it take a lots to do.The wall are all hand scribe master then cast
  12. Doctor G

Doctor G Active Member

Beautiful workmanship. Good job!

Doc Tom