Scored another 666

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by simmonds, Feb 26, 2007.

1. simmonds

simmonds Member

Scored another Marx 666 loco today off eBay for $20.50. Man, if I keep having the opportunity to buy these locomotives for this price I might have to get a bigger house!:thumb:

Attached Files:

2. Marxed

Marxed Member

congrats!!!! hope you enjoy:thumb:
  3. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Sweet! If she runs well, you got a heck of a deal! :cool:
    I see on eBay now and then too. Keep thinking about snagging another one to have done in custom colors or something.
  4. simmonds

simmonds Member

Marxed - Thanks!

Cannonball - Thats what I was thinking of doing with this one. Maybe in blue comet scheme like I have seen others do. They look really great in those colors. Like this In fact I think I will. After I arrives, I will determine which one is in the best original condition and the other will become Blue Comet!
  5. Cannonball

I've seen that one and thought long and hard about a similar paintjob as well.
    I've also had a few other ideas so I'm gonna have to make up my mind before I go through with one. :D
  6. nachoman

nachoman Guest

why are so many of the 666's I see missing pilot and/or trailing trucks?

7. Cannonball

Most were probably removed since those loose little buggers can cause drailments or short the track when one of them pop out of line with the track. That's the one big complaint I have about my 666. The rear truck keeps flying off on corners and then shorts on the third rail. Seriously thinking about removing it.
  8. Dave Farquhar

Dave Farquhar Member

I know Marx sold some 1666s without them to meet a certain price point that a store wanted, but I'm not sure if the same was true of 666s or not. But it's possible that some came that way all along.