sci fi wishes

Discussion in 'Dream Kits & Wish Lists' started by halfchips, May 24, 2007.

1. halfchips

halfchips New Member

this is my dream list,they are obscure so i dont imagine ever getting them but i live in hope.

marvin the paranoid android from the tv series hitchikers guide to the galaxy
    some tripods from the tv series the tripods
    red dwarf and starbug
    some ships,figures and the dai-x robot from the tv series starfleet
    and finally a triffid from the tv series
  2. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

While you are waiting for some models from The Trpods check out the Martian tripod model at this site:
    Cut & Paste Sci-Fi
    Click on Martian Tripod

It is from a production of The War of the Worlds.
  3. Werner Smuts

Werner Smuts Member

I wish someone will just design a realistic Volkswagen Golf 5 GTI R32!!!!! I'll be first in line..... i'm tired of Subarus, Lambo's, Ferrari's, Citroen's, Porches etc....
    Why don't you design something.... compelling, something worth while, a real car.... OK THAT JUST ME TALKING... :) I Don't want to start some of who likes what war but please JUST DESIGN ONE.... a red one pleaaaase!
  4. halfchips

halfchips New Member

cheers for the info on the martian tripod i am a big fan of jeff waynes war of the world and am defo gonna build it
  5. cjd

cjd Member

have a look at under the VW heading - you might find what you're looking for

6. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

Still would like to see:

Micronauts (vehicles and figures)
    Sulaco (from Aliens)
    Yamamota (from Starblazers, a smaller and cheaper version that the one
    from Bandai)
    Nostromo (from Alien)
    I'm sure there are a host of others that I just can't recall right now...
  7. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

A big GodPhoenix and all of the individual vehicles from Gatchaman. Perhaps a transmutated 'Fiery Phoenix' to be printed on and built from transparency film?
  8. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Robotech Mecha (Excaliber, Gladiator, Raidar-X, Spartan ... MACII Monster, Sentinels Era Robotechnology, and United Earth Government Mecha, Zentreadi Mecha, Robotech Masters Bioroids, Invid Mecha, Inorganics)
    Robotech Ships (SDF1&3, ARMD Platforms, Prometheus, Deadelus, Zentreadi Ships, Robotech Masters Ships, Invid Carriers and Clam Ships)
    Pretty much anything from the 3 Generations including the Zentreadi Uprising and Sentinels.
  9. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

10. gian7675

gian7675 Member

Wow...X-Bomber and the Dai-X Robot from Starfleet...I'm surprised you know of this series :)

Links posted under were taken from

Baddies mother ship and fighters

Goodies X-Bomber(this ship is bulky...I think it's easy to make this into a cardboard model :twisted: )

Goodies Dai-X Robot (This guy is a Combiner robot)

Sigh...the good old days :)
  11. Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett

Carl (Surfduke) Hewlett Active Member

Robbie The Robot!

I want Robbie!!

I also would love to see:

The ship, from Forbidden Planet
    The Valley Forge, from Silent Running
    The Jupiter II, from L.I.S. T.V. show
    1:12th scale Gort

These are a few of My Favorite Things,

12. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

You just may get your wish for the SDF and the prometheus and deadelus.

would post pic or at least link to pic but can't seem to upload anywhere. BTW the pic once posted is not of what the model currently looks like this was a much earlier version.

okay pic uploaded to image shack couldn't seem to upload to this site so this works for now. BTW this is the old version of the model that was done sometime ago and inbetween lunch breaks and when ever the new version was done and is stil a major wip. But just wanted you guys to see a preview the new one does have the DEadelus and Prometheus attached and working on eventually having the armd version as well but that's to come.
  13. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Hey guys, How about a C3Po? I've got R2D2, but he looks lonely. Anybody interested?

ARMORMAN Guest

Nostromo is on my list as is Sulaco
  15. Bad_Scorpion

Bad_Scorpion Member

okay peeps here is a list of things I have wips for and as I encounter issue they either get done or change to something else, Sorry I get bored of doing the same thing. MAJOR A.D.D on my part.

legioss_fighter (being reworked, to make transformable)
    daedelus (almost done)
    prometheus (almost done)
    SDF1 (almost done)
    cyclone bike and battle form (my own design,almost done)
    valkyrie-VF-2 (needs some major retooling)
    yf-19 excalibur (reworking, to make transformable)
    And more from the Macross/Robotech type

Voltron Lion version (really basic version, will be more detailed)

RoboCop (issues with getting to match on both side, looks wrong)

Tekkaman/Technoman/Teknoman or however anyone else spells it. Based of the series refered to in UK as Technoman. (very basic looking right now)

Terminator T800 endo skeleton (all most done)
    also couple of the other terminator thing like the tank or the flying one.

Ironman (Issue with head design)

Predator (Again head issues, not really a people person, designing I mean)

Aliens/ Powerloader (I know there are a couple out there but way to complex to build and just look funny)

Misc Halo stuff

Johnny Five (in redesign, tracks look odd and don't build well)

Optimus prime from the new movie (got him done in a basic format and textured, but not impressed with how he looks needs more work, Buddy already adding more detail for me since is more of a humanoid design and I suck at it)

And my baby is the ABC warrior from Judge Dredd Mwahaha (yes found some good reference materials)
    no this isn't what it looks like but is very close, had to be realistic in the design or else would have taken forever to design.

Tons of Sci Fi ships but those or on the backend of my list. Anyone interested in helping out anywhere let me know bunch are still in model design phase so not even remotely ready for the pepa translation yet. If you are looking for anything just ask me I may have something I can send you to work with or can point you in the direction of materials for your own design.
  16. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

Anyone know of a good freebee R2D2 with usable assembly instructions.

17. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

18. There have been a lot of spaceship designs in the various B movies from the 50's & 60's. I'd like to see those in card. I have the Luna and WWood Tribute ships from . . . OK, I can't seem to remember his name and I'm at work so I don't have access to my files on my computer at home. . . But I am trying to get some skills built up before trying to attack those. I have a number of ship pictures collected from different movies which I'd like to see made into models, as well as a number of designs from the comics of the period.

I also have a copy of the spaceship designs book that was produced about 2 years ago with 3-vu's of quite a number of designs.

Now if I could just get all of them in the same scale; 1/96, 1/72, or 1/48; it would be the beginnings of a great collection

Tom Williams, Jr.

The designer's name just came to me - - - I think. I believe it was Jayo Sutton who designed those beautiful ships. I think he was also working on the Cosmostrator from the Czech(?) film about Venus.

19. Aylwin42

Aylwin42 Aylwin

I've got a good sized high quality paper model of Robby the Robot... email me at or get ahold of me in yahoo messenger under aylwin42 meanwhile, I'll try to get permission to share this one with the group...
  20. Janx

Janx Member

A few of the mecha I have done basic 3d models for are below, the Legioss Fighter is in one of my old threads. I was going to make it into the gerwalk and battloid but I don't think I need to

They were done originally in tru space about 3-7 years ago but wouldn't talk much to get them sorted.

I have to admit to having an Starfleet video some where, was a show I liked :) the X Bomber would make an excellent paper model. any takers?

Attached Files: