Sci Fi Fan finds new world

Eyeonmal

Oct 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Hi All,

Very glad to have found this world in the last few months. After being so dissatisfied with being able to find the types of models I'd love to build out of plastic and the like in shops, to find this world of Paper Craft is even better. It's shown me so much more of what is capable.

Am currently working on ED 209 from Paper Replika and the BTTF Delorean and enjoying it, have learned heaps. I dig most sci fi movies, music and also play bass.

So thats a bit about me, say hi sometime.

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum. Post some build pics, we love build pics, not just the final outcome. I think you will find you foray into the world of card modeling is based on very common experiences. Have fun!

Eyeonmal

Oct 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Thanks so much everyone form your kind words, that's really cool.
Will post some build pics asap. I started with the ED 209 because I was familiar with it from Robocop and also because it looked a lot less complicated than other builds I've already seen. Also figured it would be a good way to learn, just get into it!

paper hollywood

I know exactly what you mean. I think the first though many people have when you say "paper model" is of crude, flimsy paper-doll type things, but when you look around you quickly learn otherwise. There are many card models online that, I think, easily compete with their plastic counterparts. I never really cared for painting models anyway. Paper Replika and Claudio's site are good places to start. I love the great detailed models available from Canon Creative Park, The Disney Experience, The Lower Hudson Valley E-Gift Shop and Currell Graphics, too.

And several of the coolest and most detailed sci-fi models I've seen are available exclusively for members of this forum, so you're in the right place.

Eyeonmal

Oct 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Hey Paper Hollywood, Thanks for your reply, that is good news indeed. You've intrigued me by the sites you have mentioned, will google them. Or are there links elsewhere on this site?

I am enjoying just looking at some of the other models people have built, I have been telling a few friends that would appreciate it all about it, and have made at least two converts, hehe.

Was talking to someone today about the Matrix, and realised I hadn't seen any models from there yet. Is that the case? I like the movies and all, but this person was mega keen to see if there was any Sentinels or hovercraft builds?

Anyone else here into music?

Eyeonmal

Oct 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I should also add, I work a lot with children of Primary school age, have actually started a Papercraft group at the school where I work. Am generally doing things the kids are interested in such as Pokemon, Optimus Prime and a few other simple builds, they are kids after all....

Z

Zathros

I (We, I think) would just love to see you classrooms or should I say, Pupils work. Feel free to post class pictures with their project. Just make sure that that it is O.K. and I would not post any faces. I have an 11 year old and I am very protective of my child, as I think everyone should be, with any child, anywhere. I would not post the school name or location.

Children are so Cool!

Eyeonmal

Oct 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I believe that children are the future....

I would not post any faces. I have an 11 year old and I am very protective of my child, as I think everyone should be, with any child, anywhere. I would not post the school name or location.

Children are so Cool

Hey Zathros,
No worries there, well aware of the internet safety issues, would take some time to get a decent pic that was okay by everyone, so best not to do it. But u never know.

Ron Caudillo

Creative Advisory Consultant
Staff member
Feb 8, 2004
Davenport, Iowa
Paper Holywood

I know exactly what you mean. I think the first though many people have when you say "paper model" is of crude, flimsy paper-doll type things, but when you look around you quickly learn otherwise. There are many card models online that, I think, easily compete with their plastic counterparts. I never really cared for painting models anyway. Paper Replika and Claudio's site are good places to start. I love the great detailed models available from Canon Creative Park, The Disney Experience, The Lower Hudson Valley E-Gift Shop and Currell Graphics, too.

And several of the coolest and most detailed sci-fi models I've seen are available exclusively for members of this forum, so you're in the right place.

Hey Paper Hollywood,
You need to mention your own AWESOME site!
http://www.paperhollywood.com/

Best Regards,
Ron Caudillo

erebus

Jan 22, 2012
welcome felow sci fi fan. Hope to see some models. you gotta check out the venator model from star wars sometime on papermodellers you'd like it.