Schriber: Fishing Cutter Selma

David H

Nov 2, 2005
I live in North Yorkshire
I am building this as a treat, a nice little model to keep me going. It is in fact a really great little model!

I am very impressed, the quality of construction, printing, artistry and instructions are fantastic. Schriber even include the thick (1mm) card required for laminating up the frame.

http://www.schreiber-bogen.com/ I got mine from Marcle Models.

Talking of the frame that's what's where the construction begins...

View attachment 12615

View attachment 12616

View attachment 12617

View attachment 12618

eatcrow2

Apr 20, 2004
Santa Monica, Calif.
l
Looking great!!!!!!! I did this kit a few years back as a gift for somebody, and they loved it. I remember that it came with a few different names and color schemes that you could use. Her name was one of the names included "Annika", so it went over real big. Looking forward to seeing the finished model..

C

cgutzmer

SUPER! That looks just like real wood - excellent job and excellent presentation there :)
Chris

David H

Nov 2, 2005
Plodding on

Today the Yorkshire rain stopped briefly so I rushed outside and took some pictures in natural light for a change.

The little boat goes together so well there is not a lot to say. I added a rolled exhaust stack in plain paper then painted it black.

Opening up the hold was easy, I built a box and poured in bounty from the sea, well discs of silver card and a wash of grey paint to simulate a good haul at any rate.

This is what card modelling is about... and very relaxing

Page_5.jpg

Page_6.jpg

Page_7.jpg

On to the mast and winch then prop and rudder...

D

David H

Nov 2, 2005
Well all done. Things have been tough, work, holidays and a rediscovered love of cycling... but now the dark nights are back I have some card models to finish.

The boat. A simply fantastic kit, if only all kits were the same. As we said before the printing / textures are superb!

SELMA - 22.jpg

SELMA - 25.jpg

SELMA - 28.jpg

SELMA - 29.jpg

Right I have a destroyer and a Royal Navy Cutter to finish by the holidays...

Best

D

Tirta

Apr 19, 2005
Indonesia
Looks like real wood!
very nice model :D :D :D

another superb kit from schreiber,
I hope they make more sailing ships in the future.

B

Bionic Modeler

Are you sanbagging us? that looks like a wood model. Tell us the truth. We won't mind.

B

Bionic Modeler

How bout a closeup of that prop? it looks like real brass. is it?