Schnellboot model?

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by andrew ferguson, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Have there ever been any large scale German Schnellboot (S-boat) models made? Hopefully around 1/50 scale to 1/100 scale?

thanks for any help!
  2. Joseph

Joseph Member

GPM #59 - scale 1/33
    out of print...
  3. Bernhard

Bernhard Member

The DSM (Deutsches Schifffahrtsmuseum = German Maritime Museum) issued a kit for the post-world war II Schnellboot "Kranich" (= crane). Scale is 1/100.
    It is still available from several internet vendors.

If you are looking for the more notorious S-Boote of world war II, cfm-Verlag has a kit allowing you to build two "type 38" boats but it is in the fiddly 1/250 scale:
    Maybe you want to rescale it - enlarge 2.5times or to 250%.

4. Jim Nunn

Jim Nunn Member

The CFM kit is an older hand drawn model and very nice for 1/250 but I doubt if it will scale up to 1/100 and still look good. I have seen the GPM 59 kit on EBay most likely that will be your best bet on finding one.

Jim Nunn
  5. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

6. LouisD

LouisD New Member

I ran across a site that shows plans for the S-100 Schnellboot, detailing several parts of the boat. Thought it'd interest you...
    The address is: (without the three "w"). Seems to be french...

7. Gixergs

Gixergs Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

8. Nothing

Nothing Longtime Member

fitter has a couple at ecardmodels as well.
  9. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

You can order from Wished someone would do the earlier version E-boot. I have this from ECardmodels, (S-Boat) and have thought about scaling up to 1/72 scale.:eek:
  10. Gixergs

GPM did one in 1/33 scale I don't know if she is still available though .

Attached Files:

11. papastumpy

papastumpy Member

:eek:Oh Gixergs if only:thumb: You don't know where a fella might find one of those puppieswall1. :wave:Rick
  12. Gixergs

Afraid not I was looking for the old Airfix kit when I found out about this beauty I don't even know if it is still available. You could try contacting Chris at he is very helpful and might have a contact he can use to get you one otherwise its googling till you get one.Good luck and don't forget a build thread.