Scherzer rolling bridge

Discussion in 'Weathering Forum' started by richard cormier, Nov 20, 2006.

1. richard cormier

richard cormier New Member

I had mantioned I would try to send a pic of what I have done. Considering this is a new site for me, I am a bit clumsy with it, but here goes:

This is a Scherzer I had built using a Walthers two-track truss as a basis. As a boy growing up in the Boston area, I used to love to watch those four Sherzers at the eight-track throat out of North Station on the B&M. I saw the Walthers bridge and jumped at the chance. I have as late, started looking lecherously at the swing bridge Uncle Phil offers, and have decided that I can make two sherzers out of one swing. This ought to be interesting...
  2. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Rich, there was at one time a kit for this type of bridge, although I've not seen it advertised lately. I believe I purchased mine via mail-order some years ago. While it was quite a small bridge, it would've been useful over a narrow canal in an industrial area. I bought it mainly because I liked the looks of it, but I was unable to find an appropriate place for it on my layout, and eventually sold it. There was also a motorizing kit available, although excessive slop in the mechanism that was part of the bridge probably would have resulted in poor performance.
    To post a picture here, you can place it first in a site such as photobucket, then link it to this site, or you can go to the Gallery here on the Gauge, then click on Members' Categories, and open an album. From there, you can post pictures anywhere on the Gauge, and even on other sites.
    For more info on posting pictures, here's a link:

Posting pics on the Gauge