Scene From The Matthysen Timber Co. RR

Drew1125

MTC climax #1 pushes a work train across the Dawg Fork Trestle...

dscf3798.jpg

ezdays

Out AZ way
Wow!!!!! That's great, but I'd expect no less than that from you my good friend. Your work has always been an inspiration to me.:thumb: :thumb:

Oh yeah, it's good to see you back, I hope you hang around and post more stuff like this. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

steamhead

Hey!!

Beautiful scene!!! I can hear that ol' trestle creaking under the weight.

And speaking of trestles, where can I get good info/plans for making one?? Did a separate line ever cross under the trestle? I've got a CV truss bridge which I feel is a little too modern for the setting and think of maybe putting a trestle in its place. Any ideas??

Gus (LC&P).

steamhead

Hi,

Thanks Mikey. That's a great tutorial for building one. I'll have to start doing a little measuring and getting some wood together.

Gus (LC&P).

Jim Krause

Steamhead: If you can get access to the books "Logging Railroads of the West" by Kramer Adams or "Railroads in the Woods" by John Labbe and Vernon Goe, you will see lots of ways to build trestles. There are some companies that sell complete trestle kits and others that sell the bents or jigs to build your own.

spitfire

Beautiful shot!! I really like your curved trestle. The trees look fantastic too. The whole thing is great.

Val