Scaling Progress M

Discussion in 'Tips, Tutorials & Tools' started by weareparallel, Jul 17, 2008.

1. weareparallel

weareparallel New Member

Hello there,

I am a bit perplexed, despite all the helpful posts regarding scale, about making a change to a paper model by Mr. Fortezza. I am trying to model the Progress spacecraft he has mapped out to a size of 5'6". But, I do not know how to scale the diagram to have it fit this size. I plan to individually print out each part, but was wondering if there was an easy way to take all the information into perhaps illustrator, scale it up to the right size, then take each of the individual components and place them as a separate file to be printed out. The model is currently at a scale of 1/100, the original being 7.23 Meters long. Any ideas on a quick way to do this? Thanks for the help!!!
  2. clif52

clif52 Banned

I've done a scale up in Illustrator and Photoshop

The easiest way I've found is to place all pages into one page in Illustrator or Photoshop and scale the whole model up at once. I then figure out what the size of one part is to scale and use the measure tool or the ruler guides to scale all parts at once to get it right. I just did a Parrot model in Photoshop and scaled the largest part to fit on 13x19 inch paper which is the largest paper my inkjet can print. If you scale the whole model at once you don't have to worry about one page of parts not fitting. I did the same thing with a car model and measured the diameter of a wheel in the same scale I wanted my model then scaled all the parts until the new model had the same wheel diameter.