scalescenes.com

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Hello All,

I just downloaded the free freight house building (HO) from scalescenes.com. I took a gander at the instructions and 'parts' and it really looks thorough and comprehensive.

I'm usually the kind of person who generally follows a recipe exactly the first time then modifies it the second as necessary. I say generally because many times I have purchased a kit just for kitbashing 'fodder' - basically ignoring the instructions altogether. OR, I'll build it so far but allow for upgrades as I go along and diverge from the instructions to add these additional steps.

But with this kit I'll be following the instructions as closely as possible since this will be learning a new skill set for me, in the area of card modeling.

Now I'd like to eventually post a thread with step by step photos as I build this structure. Where do you think it should go? Product review? Scratching and Bashing? Scenery and structures? HO?

Looking forward to building it, wherever it goes!

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
announce1 This is a BUMP to ask this question again:

Now I'd like to eventually post a thread with step by step photos as I build this structure. Where do you think it should go? Product review? Scratching and Bashing? Scenery and structures? HO?

Reason I ask again now is because I started the 'kit' tonight. So far so good. I've been taking step by step photos and already have many tips to share on how to assemble one of these kits (and this one in particular). It really is fun :) and I'd like to share this with y'all...just not sure where to start this thread. I have the feeling it's going to be a long one...I'm only on step 3 of the instructions, not even half way down page 1...of 9!:eek:

announce1 HELP! Where should it go?!?:confused:

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
Moderator-type here...! ;)

All those are good suggestions. Start out under Scratchin' & Bashin' if you like. We can move it if you feel it is not getting the exposure you want. Maybe it'll end up in the tutorial section of The Academy (e.g. "how to build a scalestructures structure")...! Just be sure to provide us with lots of pictures...! :D

Andrew

ocalicreek

May 4, 2005
Puyallup, WA
groups.yahoo.com
Thanks Andrew, that's what I'll do, and I'd be honored if it ended up in the Academy (I'll let the readers decide)!

And yes, I have been taking lots of pictures, every step of the way. It's nice to just keep the camera handy next to the work bench and shoot a few 'frames' as necessary. I end up taking twice as many pictures as I'll end up using, but with digital it's only burnin batteries, not rolls of film!

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
I let out a gasp when you mentioned that you downloaded a building in HO! Surely, I thought, that scalescenes.com had all their building "kits" in OO. That was until I took a look at their site and found that they have now done US outline stuff as well.
I suppose us Brits that want to do our buildings in HO would have to reduce our downloads by 12% from OO designs instead......!