Discussion in 'Off Topic Lounge' started by Experimental Designs, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Experimental Designs

Experimental Designs Papercraft Visionary

In wargames in general what scale would you prefer to play with?

I know most mainstream game are either in 15mm (Flames of War) 28mm (Warmachine/40k) and 25mm (Warhammer Fantasy)I've been looking at 20mm as a medium but isn't wholly popular these days in wargaming. 15mm maybe something I prefer in my own design yet it lacks the detial but ideal for larger games.I really like to know the reasons why people prefer a certian scale in the models in wargames.
  2. gbwdude

gbwdude Member

When I was stationed in Korea I almost got into Flames of War for two reasons:

1. I love WW2
    2. Flames of War is close to HO scale

But the single most reason I didn't get into it was because no English speaking people knew what the game was or what it was about. What was the point if I couldn't play with anyone? In retrospect, I should've picked up at least a set or something. I'd like to see how one of their deuce and a half trucks compares to HO scale... I'm trying to build a WW2 troop train.

3. gbwdude

gbwdude Member

After re-reading the question, I realized I didn't answer your question. Honestly, I don't know since I've never played any of the above mentioned games. Many many moons ago I did play BrikWars, basically WarHammer but with Legos. You build ships and arm troops, then blow em up. Fun times.

Enough outta me. What do I know about wargaming anyways? I normally live in the railroad section and play Army for reals. Kinda. I'm a mechanic. I don't kick in doors and do all the HOOAH schtuff. Just wrench on trucks and trailers. And ramble in Zealot forums.

4. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

I prefer 25mm scale, from old D&D miniatures
  5. Experimental Designs

Experimental Designs Papercraft Visionary

25mm. Interesting.

I like 25mm because of the details and in Wargames they start taking up a lot of space when you try to play large games.

Anyone know of high quality 15mm, 10mm and 6mm miniature manufacturers? I like to their models as references to guage the size and detial levels for my paper ones.
  6. micahrogers

micahrogers Active Member

I have a Colossal Great Wyrm Red Dragon in 25MM scale 2 1/2 foot wingspan :)
  7. luciusletroll

luciusletroll Member

I play in 28mm (40k)