Scale issues...

csxengineer

May 16, 2003
Pittsburgh, Pa
Visit site
I bought an old n scale pizza hut. It was made in the 80's. I put it on the layout, and it looks z scale!! Since when can a pizza hut fit on an average bulkhead flatcar?

Attachments

• pizzahut1.jpg
    pizzahut1.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 17
  • pizzahut2.jpg
    pizzahut2.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 22

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
I would not worry about the overall size of the building. One of the better ways to check if a building is relatively in scale is to measure the size of the door(s). This should tell you if it is about right. If yes, then it is just a small building (it's Pizza Hut not Pizza Mansion ;) ). If not, then use the building towards the back of the layout where it will help with forced perspective.

Andrew

slurp

Feb 26, 2005
www.themodelzone.org
Looking at the size of the building to both the car (automobile) and the bulkhead flat car i would say that it is N gauge. The flat car has got to run out at around 50 feet in length so you would indeed be able to fit a small branch of pizza hut onto it.

As for the comment above re: pizza mansion, LMAO:D but it's true, some of the branches of Pizza Hut over here are comparable in size to maybe a 40 seat diner. But as suggested the size of the door will be the telling factor, should be in the region of 15mm high by 6/7mm wide (approx).

C

Catt

There are Pizza Huts here in the Grand Rapids (MI.) area that range from less than 30' long to some that would not fit on a Triple 53' set.

Aside from that I have to agree though the darn things sure look tiny.(So does the N scale Burger King.)