Scale couplers?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by fruitcop, Jan 24, 2003.

  1. fruitcop

    fruitcop New Member

    Hello there! this may seem a strange question, but I have acquired a K-line streamlined Hudson. I plan to use it only for display. The coupling between the engine and the coal car really needs help. Anyone make a set that would be period correct? Also anyone make any parts to use in detailing like you see with plastic kit? Any help much appreciated
  2. billk

    billk Active Member

    HO I assume? How about going to N scale for the coupler, since it's for display only?
  3. DanRaitz

    DanRaitz Member

    Kadee makes scale couplers in most scales. I believe that K-Line loco is O scale, right? You could use Kadee's O scale coupler or even their S scale coupler.

  4. Vic

    Vic Active Member

    The attachment between the tender and locomotive was not a coupler on steam locomotives. It was a semi-permanant drawbar. About the best I can offer is for you to find photos or drawings of the loco and tender and fabricate something to approximate that arrangement. Since you are using your loco only for display perhaps just shortening what arrangement is already there (move the tender closer to the locomotive) will give a more realistic apperance
  5. fruitcop

    fruitcop New Member

    Thanks for the information. I think that it answered most of my questions. Again, thanks for the help.
  6. billk

    billk Active Member

    Geez - I totally missed that! Sorry.

Share This Page