Saying farwell

Gil Finn

Aug 28, 2005
Bergoo W Va
Posteddocument.write(''+ myTimeZone('Fri, 24 Aug 2007 23:47:41 GMT-0700', 'August 25, 2007 02:47 AM')+''); August 25, 2007 02:47 AM My fellow forumites time has about come to depart at the lines end. The next station is not one of this world.
I am at end stage liver failure now. My doctor has referred me to hospice for consideration.

Last week end I began internal bleeding and took about a two pint transfusion. This will continue at times.
I haven't emailed or posted much this year of late. I have been in the hospital repeatedly it seems and am always coming or going and have little time of energy to even think to write or do anything with my trains.

I have but a few friends, most of whom are on the net and especialy on this forum, the best train forum on line, who have been so loyal and good to me and I wish I could see you and be with you and visit your layouts that I might impress upon you how much your friend ship and support has meant to me. How much more you have made this hobby more than it could be otherwise.

In return I can only offer you this, trust in God always and you will never be alone. You will never be afraid or lost if you do. At leaste I have come to believe that of late.

Keep making this the worlds' greatest hobby now. AS we all have done the last several years or so I have found a home here. I love all you guys.

Steve

AKA Gil Finn

Gary S.

Oct 13, 2005
Texas
My deepest sympathies, Steve. We will all face our mortality sooner or later, and it is good to see you are facing this with courage. Thank you for your presence here on the forum, and I wish the best for you and your family.

Sincerely,
Gary S.

Renovo PPR

Just a Farmer
Dec 23, 2006
Somerset County PA
I come on late tonight because I had a good time at the tractor pulls then I see this Steve. The worst part is I can't even find your address from when you bought the Beep.

I don't even know what to say or where to start. This hit me like a ton of bricks and I still can't figure out one thing to say.

I do know the best thing during an illness is family. I hope you all remain strong during this and grow even stronger.

What I can say Steve is that I never really knew you except as some written words on the internet. Though you were only made up of letters and sentences I was able to discover some thing that made you unique.

Your words brought a little of your personality out in the open and they said your were a pretty decent person. Your sentences indicated a strong personality with a warm touch.

Through your words I learned that you have a family and that we had some of the same interests such as a boat and fishing. I learned that West Virgina has the Great Kanawha River.

I now wonder if you ever found your Meadow River scrip

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]Did you ever build your script collection?

When you take the time to read those letters, words and sentences you can become friends with a screen name and even suffer through the bad times with that screen name.

I wish you and your family the best as you go down this new road life has dealt. I'm sure if I know the man who has written so many words on so many forums he will be strong during this time.

God Bless
[/FONT]

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Like I've always said here.... We become friends with people we have never met face-to-face. We all care about each other and we are all better for your thoughts and experience you put in the posts you have made here....

As has been said - it's good that you have family to be with... and you have support in facing all this....

Take Care - God Bless!!!!!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
There's no doubt that you've made many friends here and that you'll always have a place in our hearts. We have seen you through some tough times and some fun ones as well. We hope and pray for the best, it's hard to say more, just that we hope you have to best care possible, and that you will be able to work on your layout wherever it may be. We pray that God gives your family strength.

Take care my friend.

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
Blessings and peace Steve. I've known that you've been dealing with medical problems and discomforts for some time but I've always perceived your spirit and enthusiasm for living life fully in your posts. Your words above are difficult for us but they show your courage and faith and provide us with some comfort. You also show a lot of class in letting us know so eloquently. I wish you every comfort and ease as you enter hospice.

Sincerely,
Ralph

cnw1961

Jan 7, 2006
Germany
I read your post this morning and didn’t reply cause I just didn’t know what to say, but I thought of you all day. My best wishes for you and your family. Farewell, Steve.

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Steve, I was very saddened to read of your plight, but, like you, am confident that God has better things in store for all of us. My prayers are with you and your family in this troubled time, and my wish is for peace for you and yours always.

Wayne

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
I too have read your post several times and have not found the words to express the sadness I feel. I also trust that God will have a better Life for you ahead. You have made this life better for many of us through your enjoyment of our hobby. We are all better off for it.
God bless you, and our thoughts are with you and your family.

csxt30

Sep 30, 2005
Hi Steve . Sorry to hear about this. I will always treasure the little metal Cass RR badge you sent me ! Always enjoyed your posts & your work, gonna miss it. Haven't been here for a while. Saw your post on the other forum & thought I would say hi . I'll be praying for you & see you on the other side .
Thanks, John

thumsup

Jun 14, 2005
Anaheim, California
I don't know what to say. Been here on the gauge for a short time, but I do feel the "family" of all. Gil, I haven't met you, but maybe in the future our paths well cross. God bless.

Joe

cn nutbar

Dec 4, 2005
gill---have faith in Jesus---take comfort in knowing He will welcome you to a better place without pain and suffering---peace to you and your loved ones---cn nutbar