Sawmill Need Help

UPJunkie

For my layout i am going to build my own sawmill in Ho scale and i need to know where i can pick up the stuff that gos in a sawmill

Cadillac_SD9

well model power makes great built ups they have a sawmill with all the interior tha you will ever need about 20$ it allso comes with great roof etail parts that you could scrap out for your building.

UPJunkie

i looked on there site and didn't find anything but still looking on the net. Going to the hobby store tomorrow and check with them about getting in something like this

Thanks for the help

Dragon

Also...look for some of the detail castings from Keystone Locomotive Works. While possibly cruder than brass castings, they are a nice addition when filling up a sawmill.

I'll second that on the Keystone Locomotive Works castings. If you take your time cleaning them up, they look great. I built a batch of them to detail a planing mill. Now if I could find time for the building ...

One other tip: these things will be inside, so some color is needed on them. Machinery from this timeframe was mostly done in machinery gray (like SP light gray or light haze gray) or in machinery green. I used those colors plus some Model Masters colors like wood for the live rolls and jet exhaust (yes, that's paint color) for small details.

Good luck with your mill!!!
--Stu--

Drew1125

I'm in the process of building an HO scale sawmill also...The sawmill structure itself is a fairly small, backwoods operation...(approx. 50' x 25')

As far as the interior, I'm planning on making eevrything myself from odds & ends in my scrapbox...i. e. steam boiler, log carriage w/track, & circular saw blade(s)

I'd like to be able to use some really nice castings, but I can't bring myself to spend the money if I don't have to...I may re-think that though, if my homemade stuff turns out badly...wall1 :rolleyes: :D

knudsen

That is a portable sawmill not suitable for an interior of a large sawmill. A nice kit for 10 clams tho!