Sawmill for On30 switchback

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by sumpter250, Jul 26, 2002.

1. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Along with all the other projects, I've started research on what will become the lumber operation of a 2' X 12' On30 switchback scene. While much of the information will come from posts here in the gauge ( Shamus, don't be surprised if you see some familiar bits and pieces), I have found a couple of articles which will be of immense help; "Western Sawmill" by Don Reschenberg- Nov. 1961 Model Railroader- Page 33; "Small Sawmill for Layouts" by Jack Work-based on the Reschenberg article- Jun. 1968 M.R. page 28; and "Sawmill Machinery and Sites" by Jack Work-Jul. 1968 M.R. page 50.
    At the time I indexed "articles of interest", lumber roads were not included, and it has taken a long time to find these. I know there have been requests for info about lumber before, in this forum, and while this may be late, I hope it's still usefull.
  2. shamus

shamus Registered Member

No No No

Hi Pete,
    some familiar bits and pieces? No No No, can't have that, Badger Creek bosses will go nuts:D:D

Please post some pics of what you are upto friend. Whats the news on the "Stack"

3. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

re the "stack"

I'm in therapy.

I have, at least, ruled out about twelve different approaches that didn't work. It's a case of "good enough" isn't good enough.( for me)