Sawmill for On30 switchback

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Along with all the other projects, I've started research on what will become the lumber operation of a 2' X 12' On30 switchback scene. While much of the information will come from posts here in the gauge ( Shamus, don't be surprised if you see some familiar bits and pieces), I have found a couple of articles which will be of immense help; "Western Sawmill" by Don Reschenberg- Nov. 1961 Model Railroader- Page 33; "Small Sawmill for Layouts" by Jack Work-based on the Reschenberg article- Jun. 1968 M.R. page 28; and "Sawmill Machinery and Sites" by Jack Work-Jul. 1968 M.R. page 50.
At the time I indexed "articles of interest", lumber roads were not included, and it has taken a long time to find these. I know there have been requests for info about lumber before, in this forum, and while this may be late, I hope it's still usefull.
Pete

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
No No No

Hi Pete,
some familiar bits and pieces? No No No, can't have that, Badger Creek bosses will go nuts:D:D

Please post some pics of what you are upto friend. Whats the news on the "Stack"

Shamus